Sugar free popsicles

Swell
on 12/23/14 5:36 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

My list of foods that are allowed during the Opti phase includes sugar free popsicles. Where in the world do I find these things? I have searched 4 different grocery stores and can't find them. Any ideas? I swear I've seen them before (I think they were Chapman's), but I wonder if maybe it's just a summer thing?

bee28
on 12/23/14 5:40 am - Sarnia, Canada
RNY on 12/09/14

I found mine at Walmart, usually superstore carries them too.

msmuggins
on 12/23/14 6:21 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

I couldn't find any either, so I made my own with a sugar-free powder added to water.  I swear they used to be available everywhere, but now they are really hard to find.  I've looked in three different grocery stores and nothing.  Oh well, I did pick up some sugar-free jello last night and wow, after a week on Opti, I was thrilled to dig into one of those!

Less than two weeks to go!!!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/14 7:09 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

They're at sobeys! Well they were at the 24 hour one on the queensway. Pretty sure I grabbed some from shoppers once too. I still have three boxes in my freezer that I haven't touched since OPTI. 

msmuggins
on 12/23/14 7:25 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Unfortunately no such luck with my Sobeys and Shoppers  i guess I'll keep looking.  The homemade ones are working ok and the jello is bliss-inducing...

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

bee28
on 12/23/14 7:35 am - Sarnia, Canada
RNY on 12/09/14

I thought that way too when I was on the opti phase....NOW I will be glad if I never EVER see another cup of jello for as long as I live!

Patm
on 12/23/14 8:41 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Its the little things that seem like such a treat. You are doing great

Swell
on 12/23/14 9:10 am, edited 12/23/14 9:12 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

Thanks everyone! I've tried Metro, Superstore, Bulk Barn, Foodland, and Shopper's, and no luck. I'm thinking it must be a seasonal thing. We don't have a Sobey's here, but maybe when we're visiting family in Hamilton I'll have a look. msmuggins, I'm impressed that you've gone this long and only just now tried the jello! I'm only on the second day and had to send my husband out last night to get jello because I was so "hangry"! I'm hoping that once the first few days are over, I'll be used to the Opti. I have noticed that today was much easier than yesterday.

msmuggins
on 12/23/14 9:49 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Swell, it gets much easier after Day 3, at least that's what I found.  In the first few days I was too miserable to think about anything but choking down the next one, so I didn't even think about going out to get jello.  By the time I made it through the first bit of misery, I wasn't really hungry.  Truth be told, I NEVER eat jello, or never have in the past.  It's just a food that I always thought was a cop-out dessert (I mean, really, when your mom gave you jello, didn't you just roll your eyes?).  But after that first taste of strawberry jello yesterday, I was all like "where have you been all my life"   I couldn't even tell it was sugar free!  My culinary standards have fallen to an all time low since I started Opti.

I have discovered many great side-effects from Opti (sleeping better, skin clearing up completely, weight dropping off, level moods) but I've also found a downside.  I call it the Opti Dum-Dums.  I can't count how many times this week I've done something that made no sense, or forgotten things.  It's clearly impairing my cognition.  I think the extremely low carb level is the culprit.  I'm just glad that i have no need to drive a vehicle while I'm still on it!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Hanneli xoxo
on 12/23/14 9:36 pm - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

You will not find anything lablelled "sugar free" in canada... it will be labeleed "no sugar added" instead. Maybe this is why you aren't able to find any? 

Most Active
Recent Topics