Struggling

Nanato2
on 1/9/15 9:34 pm, edited 1/9/15 9:38 pm - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

So for about 6 months I have been really struggling and my life was very busy with downsizing, packing up our home and moving to our condo then at the beginning of Dec. my 27 year old nephew pass away my brothers first born son it was devastating to our family. 

However, these are all excuses and during this time I gained back some weight 15-20lbs but I made a decision to get my ass back to the gym and try and stay away from the crap food. This week has been difficult and I have had a slip up or two but stayed mostly on track and this morning I am heading to the gym for my first spinning class in a long time. I am actually excited about it as I loved spinning class. Oh I also started back at TWH support group as I stayed away from them as well.

Me writing this is my way of kicking myself in the ass for what I have done I was given this tool so that the next part of my life I can be healthy and active so stop blowing it and get yourself in gear Lynn.

Thanks for listening and your support this journey is not easy it is filled with ups and downs but with support it makes it a lot easier.

If there is anyone who lives in Mississauga and a member of Goodlife and would like to work out together contact me I would love a workout partner.

Lynn 

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Zizzler
on 1/9/15 10:20 pm

I hear you about stress and eating, it can be so hard to stay on track.  Have you tried posting in the daily "what are you eating/doing today" posts?  I have found doing this helps so much to keep me on track, sort of like a food diary that you are sharing with a group of friends. You can also get inspired by the menus of other people and get new recipes.  Today I am going to spin class as well, it is awesome.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

crqvingchange
on 1/9/15 10:46 pm

I am so sorry you and your family have been going through this difficult time. Sending hugs your way Lynn. As Zizzler says please join us on the What are you eating thread, we are a great bunch who are all about support

Patm
on 1/10/15 2:29 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I a sorry about your nephew. That must of been really hard. You look like you are on the way to getting it under control. Just remember to be kind to your self and just get back on the horse when you slip

Diminishing Dawn
on 1/11/15 7:32 am - Windsor, Canada

As long as you continue to TRY you will be good.  It's about constantly picking yourself up when you fall and begin again. Use your support system, support group and / or find a mentor.  

Keep working it!

dawn

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Needanewbeginning
on 1/11/15 1:56 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Hey Lynn, 

i am so sorry to hear about your nephew. Along with your move, this must be such a difficult time.

Its so hard once our honeymoon phase ends to really stay focused, never mind when life puts these added stresses on top! 

I know you can get back on track, you have always been an inspiration to me and so many others here. One day at a time, you can do this! 

Hugs,

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

kellybelly333
on 1/12/15 2:08 am - Toronto, Canada

Lynn! I"m so sorry to hear about your nephew. So young :-( 

Could you talk to Susan maybe about getting an extra session in for you? I still see Dr. Hawa (psych.) every six months, just to check in really. The centre has the help for you. I did find the mindful eating course really helpful, but I also believe that I was in a good place mentally at the time to begin the course, which I truly think was helpful. 

Take care, and i'll see you on the 21st!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Nanato2
on 1/13/15 9:30 am - Canada
VSG on 02/12/13

thanks everyone for your words I been to the gym two days this week so far oh how I have missed spinning. Trying to stay on track with eating also.

Referral- March 2012, Letter April 19, Orientation TWH- June 6, NP - July 3, Sleep Apena test July 16, Internist and SW  - July 17, Nutritional class - July 23, Dietician appt. July 30th, Psych-Social appt - Aug 20th. Follow up with doctor sleep apena Aug. 28th  Surgeons appt. - Dec. 14th Dr. Jackson. Surgery date - Feb 12 2013 - VSG   

Most Active
Recent Topics