Fat and Sugar Content in foods (conflicting numbers)

Swell
on 1/9/15 9:07 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

So I'm looking through all of my notes from the Windsor Clinic and TWH, and I can't seem to find the information I'm looking for, or at least in a consistent way. For example, one sheet says no more than 5g of sugar and 5% daily fat content. Another says no more than 10 grams of sugar, and 10 grams of fat.  What are the limits you've been told? I'm looking at the items I bought for the full fluids phase that I'm in right now, and hoping that I didn't buy the wrong stuff...

1HealthyMomma
on 1/9/15 9:30 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I have paper work from Humber that says when reading labels look for less then 3 grams of fat and 10 grams of sugar per serving. Every clinic has there own guidelines so if you are unsure what your clinic's are then maybe you should just give them a quick call to be safe. I wish you all the best in this journey.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Leanne1
on 1/9/15 9:20 pm - Newmarket, Canada

I am also with TWH (4.5yrs post-op)

From what I remember, it's 5g of sugar, more then that and you may end up ill, it would be too much sugar, at this point. Keep your fats as low as you can per serving.

Follow the menu plan that Katie, Lorraine, or Mary gave you and you will be ok.  

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Mary A.
on 1/15/15 4:48 am

Clinics  all have their own stipulaitons and guidelines, and everyone is different..I top out at 14-16grams of sugar....and at 6 years post-op I am still an avid label reader.

But keep in mind I recently watched Marketplace where they showed that the calories, sugar etc on labels do have errors on them as there is no governing body or guidelines that companies have to follow when packaging and noting nutritional values.

http://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/episodes/2012-episodes/lousy-labels-health-hype

(worth a view)

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics