Day of NSV's (long post)

Crystal82
on 1/15/15 9:43 am - Canada
RNY on 01/06/14

Had a great day full of NSV's at my 1 year follow up at HRRH.... 

First, the nurse went to put the blood pressure cuff on and grabbed my arm and looked at it and said "I think I'll need to use the small one, let me grab it". I love anything "small" lmao....

Second, I finished with my appointments and went back into the waiting room to grab my blood work req but had to wait for the receptionist to finish up with a gentleman who I overheard said he had his surgery on Tuesday.  He finished and went and sat with his wife and I continued to wait. The gentlemen then asked me if I had the surgery. I replied "yes" him and his wife replied with a "WOW" I told him I was there for my 1 year follow up he and his wife continued to ask me a few quests about my weight loss and journey. I congratulated him and told him how impressed I was that he was up and moving so seamlessly 2 days after surgery and that 2 day after mine I was sleeping and in pain. I was truly impressed with him. I got a few more Wow ' s and continued on to my blood work....

Third went to have my blood taken and the nurse asked me how much I have lost again I told her she said great job and went to "tie" my arm off and said "look at those big muscles, ur working hard" I said I truly was and that I am truly blessed but it's been lots of hard work. 

After all was said and done I felt great about all my hard work and everyone at the Centre said I had done a great job and keep it up. But the one thing that I've been touched by the most is that gentleman and his wife . . As good as they made me feel I truly hope that he took somthing away from our exchange. Not that I want to be an inspiration to anyone  (that seems shallow) but I truly hope he saw what is possible in one years time and really enjoys the journey and makes the best of his new life.

Thanks for reading my wayyyy to long post.

Surgery January 6, 2014!

betony63
on 1/15/15 10:24 am

What a wonderful day! I'm sure meeting you gave that man a lot of hope. Me too!

Thanks for posting...

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

Kittykatt1329
on 1/15/15 11:27 am - Alfred, Canada

Not a long post at all.  What a wonderful day.  And congrats.  I hope to see that at one year.  

(deactivated member)
on 1/15/15 3:42 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I bet that felt great, I can't wait to have those experiences! Congrats on your success. 

Wendy-Louise
on 1/16/15 4:03 am - Canada

You should be very proud of yourself and you are an inspiration to many of us. Thank you for posting and it was not too long.

Most Active
Recent Topics