Party food ideas for soft foods stage

Swell
on 1/13/15 6:17 am - Southwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm going to a small party in less than 2 weeks for my husband's co-workers, and it's always a potluck evening with mainly appetizers. Only 1 couple at the party knows that I've had this surgery (although they all know I've had some type of surgery). I'll be in the soft foods stage by then, and was wondering what would be a good idea to bring during this stage that won't bring up a ton of questions, and that I'll be able to enjoy with everyone else...

Any ideas?

(deactivated member)
on 1/13/15 6:51 am, edited 1/13/15 6:52 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Deviled eggs, bite size meatballs, hummus with crackers(most centres allow melba toast by week 3), ham ball, cheese platter, egg bites made in mini muffin tins.

Whatever you do bring, I'd make sure you try some at home first as you don't want to introduce a new food there.

Gorgeous84
on 1/13/15 6:57 am - Hamilton, Canada
RNY on 05/18/12

Excellent advice!! Totally agree- especially about trial running the food!

There are risks and costs to a program; but they are far less than the long-range risks and costs of comfortable inaction. -JFK

Mary A.
on 1/19/15 4:51 am

anything with cream cheese, or hummus, and just don't go too far out on a limb and have a bunch of something you haven't tried yet after surgery....you can always eat what you are suppose to and then brings  small dish which you can have a few pieces of...remember fun isn't to be focused around food and drink any longer.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics