1st week post op

Peppermint73
on 3/23/15 2:41 am - Canada

Well it's been one week since my surgery. I began optifast at 262 lbs and now at 242.2.  I'm down 20lbs total since optifast and 8 of those lbs since surgery. It's been a ride. Now my problem is I haven't had a be yet. I'm passing lots of gas but nothing else. I have been taking a probiotic that has 10 billion for the past 4 days but nothing yet. I stop talking the percocet and switched to Reg Tylenol. Hopefully I will have results soon. Maybe I'll also have a little prune juice. Anybody have any suggestions? 

Catw
on 3/23/15 3:56 am - Arnprior, Canada

I hadn't gone for a week after surgery and it wasn't fun when I did go.  I needed both MOM and Ducolax suppositories.  Both were OK'd (and Ok'd to take at the same time) by my clinic.  You need to get this moving now.  If you can't on your own, call the clinic.

Cathy

lammytee14
on 3/23/15 5:26 am

I was in the same boat. Like you, I'm 1 week post-op. When the nurse called on Friday to follow up with me, I told her I hadn't had a bm so she suggested Milk of Magnesia. It took two doses (60ml each) to get things moving, one on Friday night and one on Saturday night. Good results yesterday.

I hope you find some relief soon.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

W8_No_More
on 3/23/15 1:42 pm - Kitchener, Canada

This was my biggest problem after surgery and it was a very unpleasant process to get regular again. It's so hard to know if it's because of your minimal eating or what. My doctor said not to be afraid to take laxatives until the issue resolved and the nurse and nutritionist encouraged using Metamucil to help. I feel i waited too long to do more than take colace daily per my surgeon's instructions. I wish I hadnt and I wish you 'relief' 😊 Kim

Dr Referral Jan/14, Guelph Orientation Feb 27/14, Nurse, Nut, SW app't Mar 14 & June 16/14, Nut, SW Aug 26/14, Internist Dr. Agarwal app't Sept 15/14, Surgeon App't Dr. Bhojani Dec 11/14, Start 3 weeks Opti Jan 6/15, Surgery Jan 27/15. Eating to live...Not living to eat!

Peppermint73
on 3/24/15 12:08 am - Canada

Thanks for the advice ladies all of them good. I did call the nurse and she suggested the senekot. I did and had 2 great results in the morning. I feel such relief now.   

happypants
on 3/24/15 11:38 am - Ottawa, Canada

The other ladies are right, its time for the MOM or Ducolax or Colace tablets, they are the tiny red gelcap tablets. It may be a good idea to try some Benefiber once a day but at one week post op check with the nurse practitioner at your centre first regarding the Benefiber or check your post op paperwork/handbook.

Ann

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

Surgery July 22, 2011  Starting weight 270  128 lbs lost  Today's weight 142 lbs                 Ann       

HFA70
on 3/24/15 12:06 pm

I used senekotS the S is for softener.  I highly recommend it ;~) 

Istarted opti weighing 264. Good luck on your journey and Congratulations! 

Most Active
Recent Topics