Scope tomorrow - anything I need to know?

Kate M.
on 3/24/15 4:19 am - toronto, Canada

Going to TWH first thing in the morning for my scope to check for ulcers etc. The only thing they said when they made this appt months ago was "don't eat or drink from bedtime the night before until you get here".

Anything else I should expect/know before I go in? I'm not particularly nervous but wondering if there's anything I can get / do to make things easier afterwards.

Delicious_Delilah
on 3/24/15 6:40 am - Ottawa, Canada

Make sure you have someone to pick you up after the procedure as they will give you some heavy duty drugs durning the scope and you won't be able to drive for twenty-four hours.  Scope is not particularly pleasant, but only lasts a couple of minutes. You'll do fine. 

DD

Kate M.
on 3/24/15 6:42 am - toronto, Canada

Oh yes, I definitely have someone to drive me. thanks for the advice!

Karen M.
on 3/24/15 9:03 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Good luck today, Kate, I'm sure you'll do just fine. Scopes are an easy procedure and the vast majority of us are "knocked out" through it anyway.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Dreamy74
on 3/24/15 11:13 pm
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Kate I had a scope at TWH back in November. They gave me twilight sedation and I barely noticed it.  When they were done I was like "already?, that was easy!"  They will give you some numbing throat spray to prevent you from gagging and it will be super quick.  Let us know how you get on afterwards.

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Kate M.
on 3/25/15 2:11 pm - toronto, Canada

Thanks everyone! I had one of the first appointments of the day and it was pretty much a breeze. Other than some really bizarre memories of seeing my insides on the screen I can barely remember it happening. They apparently thought I was hilarious because I told them I was "looking forward to the rest" since my new puppy's been keeping me up nights. 

Most Active
Recent Topics