Thinking of joining Curves

Monica9811
on 4/15/15 12:42 am - Peterborough, Canada

So I must admit -I don't exercise.  I should but I don't.  I know my 2 year honeymoon stage is now over and I need to pay attention to everything I eat as I don't want to gain weight.  My weight has pretty much been at 165 for over 6 months now and I would like to lose another 10lbs.  I think exercise is the answer.  I went to check out Curves today because I used to belong there years ago and loved it. I don't roll into wor****il 10am so there is no reason why I can't get off FB and OH and go work out for half an hour and then come home and get ready for work.  They offered me a free week and then if I like it I will join.  I just need to make it a habit and push my ass out the door.  It is so much easier going out in nice weather than it is in freezing cold weather.  Wish me luck that I like this and stick to it!!  My husband doesn't think I will so that actually motivates me to prove the ******* wrong ; )

Helna_Handbasket
on 4/15/15 1:21 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

good for you!  i know anytime someone says I can't/won't do something is a huge motivator for me to prove them wrong too... lol.  

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

Catw
on 4/15/15 2:19 am - Arnprior, Canada

Good for you for finding something you like.  And I'm sure if you make regular visits, you'll meet other people doing the same, and seeing them will also motivate you.  I find if I plan to work out with someone, it's much easier than going alone.  There are days I need my butt kicked to move it.  Which I admit is right now.  I am doing some activity, but need to do more.  Right now, I bike a bit with my kids, and house/yard work.  And spring cleaning.  Have a lot of that kind of thing to do.  And I'm starting ball hockey once a week next Monday.  So hopefully we can both keep at it all summer.

Cathy

Monica9811
on 4/15/15 3:32 am - Peterborough, Canada

I agree-we just need to make it a habit and part of our every day routine.  I am by no means lazy at home-I am constantly cleaning and doing things around the house-problem is I have cleaned every drawer/closet/cupboard in my house and only thing left is the garage and that is this weekend.  Then it will be outside yardwork which I enjoy.  The exercise hopefully will help tone some of this loose skin and build some muscles.  I am actually looking forward to it.  I have put it in my calendar in my phone so every day I will get a reminder to go to the gym.  Won't need to do that after a week probably but the first week I will for sure.  Have fun with ball hockey!

Delicious_Delilah
on 4/15/15 2:43 am - Ottawa, Canada

It's the first step that's the hardest!  So congrats!  Personally, I love going to the gym.  Sometimes I have to push myself a little -- especially after I did a bit of couch surfing this winter following plastic surgery.  But now I'm back in the full swing of things, and use it to both feel physically and emotionally healthier!  Build it itno your routine, and soon, it won't even become a question about whether you should go to the gym or not!

Enjoy!

DD

Monica9811
on 4/15/15 3:33 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks-yes I want it to be second nature for me.  I am actually looking forward to it!

Most Active
Recent Topics