HRRH Trio Apts update

DebColCam
on 6/8/15 1:13 pm - Canada
Guess what? I PASSED! Meetings went very well I was prepared. Everyone was very nice including the dietician who I was most anxious about seeing, but I had nothing to worry about because I had been doing my food logs, spacing "balanced" meal apart and making a real effort to change some of my food behaviours. That was the good news....now for the not so good news....I called Dr Starr's office to let them know I was passed through my Trio they will have an exact date likely by end of the week....BUT the are currently booking surgeries in January! My understanding is that the wait is longer because of summer holidays and because they are opening and moving to a new location in October...so they aren't even scheduling surgery Sept...Oct, Oh well I will be even more ready by then. Thanks for all you input and support.

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

SueT62
on 6/8/15 5:12 pm - Canada

Hi!  I will also most likely be going to Humber.  Can you kinda go through what each appointment was like...what they asked and such.  I am worried about them and would like to get a jump start.  I have not had orientation yet just my referral.  Any help you can provide would be much appreciated:)

DebColCam
on 6/8/15 7:25 pm - Canada
Hi Sue...one of the little things you can do now is switch to decaf coffee...reduce alcohol consumption and diet or carbonated drinks. When you go to orientation you will be given hand outs and a post op booklet...you need to know what is in the booklets inside and out...you can also work on changing some food behaviors such as sitting down at a table for all meals....stopping night eating if an issue for you...and try to identify your triggers/emotions that make you want to eat. It sounds like a lot and it is some work...but if you start with little things now the rest will come...and HRRH has a long wait right now. So take this time research and discover. I have learned so much about the surgery and myself in the past year. my referral was July 2014

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

SueT62
on 6/9/15 4:14 am - Canada

Thanks Deb.  I personally am glad as well that they are not booking until at least January.  My referral was in May so I am probably past January anyway and I am ok with that.  I don't drink coffee, quit drinking pepsi(only drink water and decaf earl grey tea), no alcohol and don't smoke.  I bought a book called WLS Guide & Diet program that I am told was written by a doctor and RN at HRRH.  I am also getting a handle on portion control.  I, like a lot of people here, am just scared I am going to be asked a question I can't answer, or have not done a food journal properly, and get postponed from moving on in the process.  Human nature I guess when something is important to you.  Thank you for the information and am happy that you are moving down the line with your journey:)

BUFFY M.
on 6/8/15 5:23 pm - Bobcaygeon, Canada
RNY on 11/23/15

Awesome job!   

Referral: July 2014 Orientation: October 2014 Meeting with Surgeon: March 23, 2015 RN/SW/Dietician: June 1, 2015 2ND Phone Interview with Dietician: July 7, 2015 Dr. Glazier (Internist): August 24, 2015 Surgery: November 23, 2015 Starting Weight: 305 lbs - Goal Weight: 130 lbs - Current Weight: 145 lbs

DebColCam
on 6/9/15 12:46 pm - Canada
Hi there it looks like we have very similar time line...I met Dr Starr on March 23....and Dr Glazer apt set for same day as yours August 24...maybe we will be able to meet in person! Now I am worried that I have to wait until Dr Glazer appointment before I get a date...

elliecat
on 6/8/15 5:32 pm - Canada

Great work you did!!! But January! Eeeeek I have Dr Starr too, trio appt Aug 12!!!!! , I see why people have switched to TWH . Hope u get a cancelation!!

Terri

Orientation HRRH Jan 26/15 Meet Dr. Starr June 11/15 Sleep Study June 22/15 Trio appt Aug 12/15 Transfer to Dr. Hagen Aug 4/15, Meet Dr. Hagen Aug 13/15, Dr. Glazer Aug 14/15! Surgery Sept 14/15

DebColCam
on 6/8/15 7:32 pm - Canada
At this point I personally would not want to transfer...I worked really hard to get to this stage In the process....and I am choosing to have an attitude of gratitude with the wait times now. I backed out of the process in 2012 because my nerves got the better of me and I couldn't handle the hurry up and wait....times.... I am more prepared today then I was then and more ready then I was a month ago. January will come soon enough...plus its a great month its my bday month....lol lol

elliecat
on 6/9/15 5:49 am - Canada

I wouldn't transfer either!!! But in the beginning I noticed that people had their orientation at Humber and then transferred, at this point I wouldn't even consider starting over!!!

Terri

Orientation HRRH Jan 26/15 Meet Dr. Starr June 11/15 Sleep Study June 22/15 Trio appt Aug 12/15 Transfer to Dr. Hagen Aug 4/15, Meet Dr. Hagen Aug 13/15, Dr. Glazer Aug 14/15! Surgery Sept 14/15

kaymommy
on 6/9/15 9:53 am - Bradford, Canada
RNY on 02/12/16

Congrats! The wait is crazy though. I'm still waiting to hear about my apt dates so I can't imagine how long I'll be waiting. I was hoping to have surgery before the new year so that really sucks. At least you know you've passed and even though it's a long wait your surgery countdown can begin.

Goodluck, Amanda

Referral 12/22/14 Orientation 2/27/15 Nutritionist & SW 9/25/15  Dr. Glazer 12/1/15 Nurse 12/14/1545  Opti 1/29/16  Surgery 2/12/16

HW:244.8 Ref:234.6

Most Active
Recent Topics