Newbie post

sfayad
on 7/21/15 6:00 pm - Canada

Hi all I've been anxious to get involved in the forum and learn as much as I possibly can,

im at Windsor and was in the December 2014  info session 

now finally all I'm waiting for is final clearance from my second visit with the Dr. And hopefully have my file sent to Guelph by September .

its been a long process and started with my weight at 331lbs and every visit have to Windsor have had a weight loss 

currently I'm 312 and want to get below 300 in hopes of having to do 2 weeks instead of 3 weeks of the optifast 

I've told nobody about this journey but my partner as my family are not the most supportive 

I'm constantly being told how big I am and it's disappointing as they have no idea 

I was 195 them broke my leg in a fall that actually crushed my ankle I was 18 months with no wt bearing and 5 surgeries later and several years I've fallen into a process of not having control

so I'm anxious to work hard at this journey as I know the RNY is only a tool the aid my journey 

I'm a very motivated person and want to learn as much as possible from all who cross my path 

I look forward to learn from all .

so anyone who who was in the December info session in Windsor would love to hear where your journey has taken you 

SimonSimon

Catw
on 7/22/15 5:38 am - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Simon,

I wasn't at the info session, but I wanted to welcome you to the board!

I wish you well on your journey.

Cathy

crqvingchange
on 7/22/15 7:48 am

Welcome Simon.  Guelph is great, but they do have more restrictions than some of the other Centres.  I broke my leg and ankle many years ago and as a result have certain limitations.  Last September I found Aquastrength classes at my local recreational centre and they have allowed my to exercise whereas before exercise was very difficult.  Now that I have dropped a lot of weight I am able to do more things, but the arthritis in my ankle does still limit me.  Good luck on your journey, you will do great.  You've got this.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

melshorty
on 7/22/15 2:51 pm - london, Canada

Hi Simon, I was at the December 2014 orientation in Windsor.  My file has been sent to Guelph and I'm waiting for an appointment with the surgeon.  

Most Active
Recent Topics