2 1/2 years out need to restart due to gaining

crstalww
on 7/26/15 9:46 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 11/06/12
It's been awhile since I posted I am two 1/2 years out and I am regaining I know why I'm regaining I'm just looking for vets to give me ideas to restart my mind frame as well as restart my losing . No mean remarks looking for support not to be abused .

Orientation: July 23 2012       Dr Sullivan : August 16, 2012 Dietician, SW, RN, Sept 26, 2012    Dr Sullivan Oct 17, 2012 and pick up Optifast   PATTS: October 24, 2012         Surgery: November 6, 2012. Starting weight 277 surgery weight 268

Karen M.
on 7/26/15 10:43 am - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome back :)

You did the right thing reaching out here and I'm glad to see you. If you know why you're having regain, I guess the best place to start is to curb/stop whatever behaviours are causing this. Assuming it's dietary choices, my best advice is the old standby, "Get back to basics" - at least 70 grams of protein per day, no more than 35 grams of carbohydrates per day, NO sugar, healthy fats. I have found that planning my daily menu is extremely effective as I don't tend to do as well without a plan - planning is key, organization of meals/choices/decisions.  You are most welcome to join us on the daily "what are you eating/doing today" thread for feedback, advice and accountability. I think that has been a major key to my own success at 9 years post-op and completely at/below goal. I also suggest weighing/measuring your foods again - portion sizes tend to increase and what we think is 3 ounces is really closer to 5, etc. Tracking is also really helpful and I would recommend using myfitnesspal.com to do this.

You do not have to worry about anyone being "mean" or being "abused" and I'm not sure why you would think that. Take the advice people may offer without bias and no need to be defensive - I'm sure people want to help, as I do. 

Let me know if you need some nutritional guidance, I'm happy to help.

K. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 7/27/15 6:45 am - Toronto, Canada

Everything that Karen said. I would suggest you contacting your centre, and asking for help. Meet in person with support groups. Get on MyFitnessPal and track what you're eating, and how much. It's just back to basics. Oh and move your body. Health Canada asks that everyone moves at least 30 minutes a day. Glad that you posted here. You can do it!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

crqvingchange
on 7/27/15 9:53 am

Not a vet, nor do I play one on TV.  But let me chime in.  Pat on the What Are You Eating Thread told me about the Centre for Mindful Eating Webinars.  Some are free and the ones that aren't are pretty reasonably priced.  It's a way of getting your head back in the game.  There is also a forum on this site for getting back on track.

Karen and Kelly have excellent advice and they are vets.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

(deactivated member)
on 7/28/15 9:19 pm

Can I ask what you are doing to be regaining? I'm awfully scared of that also, so just wondering.

I do think it's great you're back here bcz you will get great advice. Good luck.

Most Active
Recent Topics