Taste of the Danforth

meowface
on 8/9/15 7:53 am - Canada

One of my best friends has a house on Carlaw ave steps from the Danforth, she's lived there for years. It's become custom that hubby and I hit the Danforth around 4pm on Saturday grab a bunch of food then make our way to their house and hang out on the front porch for the evening having drinks and sending the men out to grab more food when we want it. Men are good at standing in lines lol

Because I'm on Opti right now I decided that I probably won't be able to go this year. I woke up Saturday morning and decided that I can do it, I can go to a food festival and not have food or beer.

I'm happy to report that I did it! DH and I arrived at Chester station and took the back route through parks and parking lots to my friends place on Carlaw. I brought all the fixens for my last shake of the day which I had around 8:30pm. We had a lovely visit, lots of food was had but not by me and I can't believe I did it! I'm so glad I didn't stay couped up in the house all because of opti.

Now I can't wait till next year when I can actually have a little food and a drink.

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

roxytrim
on 8/9/15 9:06 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Way to go...great headspace.

Karen M.
on 8/9/15 9:39 am - Mississauga, Canada

Isn't it a great feeling to discover that getting together with people is fun just for the social aspect and not just because of the food? Good for you. 

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Bob H.
on 8/9/15 11:42 am - Nepean, Canada
RNY on 08/12/15

That's Awesome, I know how you feel!  I was organizing a Pig Roast for Christmas in August at the campground where we have our trailer and had to prepare, cook, cut and serve an 80 pound pig, deep fry and serve a Chicken for 80+ people.  I didn't even have the inkling to have even a taste - Ketosis and OptiFast to the rescue ;)

Good Luck and Keep smiling, Bob

Visualize the person you want to be every chance you get - and you can become it!

------------

Century Club Member at 6 months, working on my next 50 years!

Patm
on 8/9/15 5:47 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Way to go. You should be really proud of yourself. Sounds like you are ready for your new life

DigbyFrifri
on 8/9/15 7:46 pm

Great job.     What amazing headspace to be in to start your journey!!

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/9/15 7:50 pm - Canada

Good for you!!  Feels great to be in control doesn't it ??

I went to RIBFEST today with a VIP ticket- that included free rib dinner with all the fixins!!!!    Instead I just enjoyed watching the band and drinking my water.  It felt amazing!!!!!!!

Blueiiis
on 8/10/15 6:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Well done! Last year I skipped TOTD as I was on Opti.  This year I went down, wearing my size 8 pants and had a few nibbles here and there of my husbands kabobs.  Finally -- a protein festival of yummy bbq'd food -- loved it lol. 

Most Active
Recent Topics