Canadian Shops for Protein Powder?

jenorama
on 9/14/15 4:12 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Hello!  This is not an Ontario-specific question, but I'm hoping you'll be able to point me in the right direction!  On Friday I will be traveling to Vancouver for a 10 day cruise and rather than take up valuable suitcase space with a bulky canister of protein powder, I am planning on purchasing a canister in Vancouver.  What are the best places to go in Canada for powder?  Here in the states I would go to Vitamin Shoppe, but I don't know if they are in Canada.  I appreciate suggestions of where to go and where to avoid.

Thanks!

Jen

HKT53
on 9/14/15 4:23 pm - Toronto, Canada

There are others but I purchase my protein powders from GNC. There are two locations downtown Vancouver...on Robson St and West Broadway. You will pass these stores on your way to docks to pick up cruise ship. Just look up GNC Stores in Vancouver Canada.

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

jenorama
on 9/14/15 4:24 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Which ones do you like from GNC?  I don't do a lot of shopping there as most of their stuff seems to be their private label.  Can you recommend a brand/flavor from there?

Jen

HKT53
on 9/14/15 4:53 pm - Toronto, Canada

I have the GNC Whey Iso Burst...all natural - no flavour and add to my coffee and cerial in the morning. I dont like chocolate so vanilla is my choice and add no calorie flavour syrups. If you can manage a few bottles of Total Lean Shakes, they come in Strawberry, vanilla, chocolate. These are 20 g  of protein per serving. I like the Vega One (vegan) protein powder. The new flavour now is coconut almond. Do you think you can bring along a magic bullet so you can froth it up?

Referral - Feb/14, Orientation HRRH - September/14, Surgeon appt. & gastroscopy Dr. Hagen - October/14, Trio appts. - April/15, Dr. Glazer - April/15, Revision RNY - July 10, 2015

Karen M.
on 9/14/15 5:52 pm - Mississauga, Canada

GNC Total Lean - absolutely delicious. Banana is my new fav. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Incognito55
on 9/14/15 6:10 pm - Toronto, Canada

I love the gnc lean shakes and Revolution Nutrition (blue raspberry with a lot of water). The revolution mixes into a clear juice like liquid that I love when I'm not wanting something creamy. I get mine at GNC

Referral-October 2014Orientation (TWH)&Social Worker-January 2015Nutrition Class February 2015Nurse&Psych April 2015Dietician May 2015Surgeon June 2015Surgery August 11 2015 at TWH with Dr Jackson

HFA70
on 9/16/15 12:24 pm

I don't know for certain they have Popeyes in Vancouver, but here they have a tasting bar, they will mix a few up for you to try before you purchase.  Walmart is fine too, I buy there's in Choc. chip or strawberry.  They don't mix as well as Popeyes, but they taste fine.

Most Active
Recent Topics