Premier Protein Shakes

lexxiblue
on 9/15/15 7:02 pm
RNY on 01/11/12

OMG!!! $32.99 at Costco, Ancaster store... well.. thank God I prefer GNC shakes cuz I wil lnot spend that kind of money on premier shakes!

besides GNC has many different flavours!

Incognito55
on 9/15/15 12:33 pm, edited 9/15/15 12:33 pm - Toronto, Canada

I think the actual cost per gram of protein is cheaper with premier. I actually worked it out once. I like them both for different things.

Referral-October 2014Orientation (TWH)&Social Worker-January 2015Nutrition Class February 2015Nurse&Psych April 2015Dietician May 2015Surgeon June 2015Surgery August 11 2015 at TWH with Dr Jackson

MonaLisaSmile
on 9/15/15 7:53 pm - Canada

I was just at the ancaster store too, and I was pretty sure they used to be 29.99 ---now 32.99.......  Guess I will be holding out for sale time.  I prefer the GNC - but I do always have both on hand.

If anyone notices they are on sale....please post it!!!   :)

Karen M.
on 9/16/15 3:34 am - Mississauga, Canada

Huh. How 'bout that. So in the past 2 years they have gone from $26.99 to $32.99 then. Not sure they're worthy of a $6 increase. When companies start rapidly increasing their prices like that, it often seems to indicate that there's trouble brewing. I think they'll find that they lose regular customers, especially since GNC has come out with the Total Lean line and it's proven to be so popular. Thanks for the heads-up.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

lexxiblue
on 9/16/15 5:08 am
RNY on 01/11/12

yea.. well thank YOU for introducing me to the GNC shakes and well, i think the outrageous cost is due to our woderful canadian dollar as opposed to the us dollar!  and that's just MY opinion!

KerryF.
on 9/16/15 5:16 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Unfortunately I think this price increase is simply because of the Canadian dollar. Premier is brought in from the U.S. and I work for a distribution company which primarily deals in US dollars and importing and sadly our products have all gone up with the same percentages as the Premier and in the same fashion ( 2 or 3 increases over a short span of time) and it's 100% because of the Canadian dollar.

I did ask at the Brampton Costco last week when they expected the next sale and the lady at customer service said she didn't think they would be going on sale again for a long time. :(

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Seyenna
on 9/16/15 7:09 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Ugh, unless there's another alternative to premade shakes, I'll likely eat the cost. I just find the pre-made shakes so convenient. 

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/15 7:13 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I've been using GNC Total Lean RTD for years as I hate Premier.  They often have sales where it's buy one get one 50% off and they have way more flavours plus a screw cap so way more convenient than Premier to me.

Seyenna
on 9/16/15 7:18 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

How much are they in general? Premier protein has had screw caps for a little while now, at least for as long as I've been drinking them but I'm fairly new to the scene.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/15 7:23 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

$19.99 for a case of 12.  Come in chocolate, strawberry, vanilla and banana.  A few times per year they will have promotional flavours.  Last fall they had a pumpkin spice one and this spring it was a chocolate mint birthday cake one.  Sometimes the promotional flavours only come in a 4 pack but many of the GNC stores will let you make 12 by combining the 4 packs even though they aren't supposed to.  $30 for 24 shakes when the sale is on.  They are lower in protein than Premier but don't have that thick texture. I find them light in flavour and so much nicer than Premier.  You can buy them 1 bottle at a time for a bit more per bottle but at least you can try it before committing to a case.  I like Strawberry the best but haven't tried the banana yet as it is a fairly new flavour they will now be carrying all the time.

Most Active
Recent Topics