Have my pre-op this week...

Kittygirl001
on 10/31/15 6:20 pm - Canada

Didn't think this day was ever going to get here, but it did!! I leave in the morning for Toronto to meet my surgeon and my surgical team on Tuesday. Taking a mini-vacation while we are there! The only thing I'm not excited about is I come home with my 6 Weeks of Opti!! I know I will survive and the time will fly by, but I am still not excited!! And boy are the nerves kicking in, I am getting anxious, snappy, etc. I know it is normal but I feel awful that I am taking out my frustrations on my loved ones, ugh. At least they are understanding!! Sorry for the ramble, but I needed to share with people who understand!

Happy Halloween!

Andrea,

Surgery Date: Dec. 16th, 2015

RNY 

Dr. Lindsay, St. Josephs Healthcare

HW:374, OPTI SW:365 (11/4/15), SW:332, CW: 198

MonaLisaSmile
on 11/1/15 6:09 am - Canada

Totally understandable to be starting to freak out. You think it will never come....then all of a sudden you feel like it's coming tooo fast and you need more time!!!!!! I know all about it! Lol

Think of this stage as breaking your family in. They will need to be patient because they havent seen nothing yet when it comes to being moody..... But it will be all worth it "for everyone "in the end!!

6wks of OPTI is a LONG time but, it will teach you many things. You will likely lose a lot of weight, feel better and it will put you in the proper mindset for the next part of the process.

Change isn't easy....This is a challenge physically and emotionally. It's all about keeping your eye on the prize. Know that the rough times will always get better, and it's ALL worth it !!!!!!!

One day at a time my dear.....you'll be great!!!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

ProjectJudi
on 11/1/15 7:40 pm - Burlington, Canada
You must be so excited.
I had no idea you had to do 6 weeks of opti. Does this vary at different centers or does it have to do with BMI?
~This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life ~
Kittygirl001
on 11/2/15 6:10 pm - Canada

So excited, yes!!! I believe I have so many weeks based on my BMI, which is about a 63 ?

Andrea,

RNY 

tatirod
on 11/2/15 5:05 pm - Toronto, Canada

Congratulations! I had mine recently... Surgery this Friday. Be sure ure to ask all the questions your have, and bring something big enough to hold more papers!

Referral: February 2015; TWH Orientation: April 2015; Social Worker: June 10, 2015: Nurse Practitioner: June 11, 2015; Nutrition Class: June 15, 2015; Psychometry Assessment: June 16, 2015; Nutrition Assessment: July 22, 2015; NP follow-up: July 28, 2015; Surgeon Consult: August 28, 2015; Surgery: November 6, 2015; Operation: VSG

Kittygirl001
on 11/2/15 6:11 pm - Canada

Friday, wow!! Best of luck to you.

Andrea,

RNY 

tatirod
on 11/2/15 7:17 pm - Toronto, Canada

Thanks, you too! Glad you were able to decipher my iPad typing.

i can't imagine 6 weeks of Opti. I highly recommend some sugar free syrups. Low carb grocery online has a marshmallow syrup that saved my life. Lots of ice makes a huge difference.

Most Active
Recent Topics