Advice needed from and post ops please

needmylifeback
on 11/9/15 6:47 pm

Hello all

I am in need of advice as what to try next. I had my bypass in April 2014 and am down 120 lbs and 35 lbs from my goal weight

The problem is, approx 8 months ago I Started having horrible nausea, bloating, burping and constant hot saliva in my mouth like you get when you need to be sick.  Over the next few months it increased to chest pain and food feeling stuck and occasional vomitting.  I spoke with my clinic team and was put on sulcrate and increased my previcid.  This didn't help and I had been hospitalized for dehydration once

since the hospital that did my surgery is four hours away I had to wait another month for a scope in my city

well today was the day!!  But sadly all they found was a small red patch and a few adbrassions ....I was told all the rest looked normal and they couldn't see a reason for the above symptoms

So does anyone have ANY suggestions on what I should do or try next????

Please I am desparate

Ref sent March 27th. Orientation June 27th 2013. Nurse Consult Aug 19. Social-worker and nutrition class Sept 3  SLEEP study Sept 3rd  Doctor Consult Sept 27th...canceled, now Nov 11. Social worker (2ndappt) Oct24   Dietitian Oct 24  Physio appt Dec 13  and final windsorappt post op class Dec 19 Surgery April 8th

Delicious_Delilah
on 11/9/15 8:42 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I would suggest you get to the hospital where you had your surgery. Talk to your Clinic. The four hour drive might be worth it.  They are way more familiar with issues we face than any other medical professional.

A little over a year ago I had an internal hernia. Didn't know it was that. Went to one hospital (that didn't do my bypass surgery), and they had no clue.  I asked them to contact the hospital where I had my bypass and they knew what the issue was immediately, had me transferred, and I was under the knife within 12 hours! 

Good luck!

DD

lammytee14
on 11/10/15 7:54 am

I agree with the above comment. Get back in touch with the clinic that did your surgery even if it means a 4 hour drive. You want to be dealing with the folks who can give you the most help.

Good luck!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics