Unable to eat following a car accident

MyLifeRNYWay
on 3/4/16 10:26 am
RNY on 12/04/15

Hoping to get some advice. Can stress cause the pouch to refuse food? I was in a car collision on Wednesday, I gently bumped a car in front of me because she stopped suddenly and the conditions were awful, and then had an SUV slam into me. I did get checked out by a doctor and I'm OK. I was eating OK one the day of but my pouch has been very unhappy if I try to eat since yesterday. I just tried a few spoonfuls of soup and can't even 'stomach' it. I'm under a lot of stress waiting to hear from insurance and getting my car fixed, and worried what will happen with my rate going forward. I have a 3 month post up follow up with nurse practitioner on Monday, but it looks like it will be just protein shakes for me over the weekend. This really sucks when you try to live a happy and healthy life following your surgery and this happens. I'm blaming myself for not staying home and working from home.

Referral: Aug 27/14, Orientation TWH: Jan 28/15, Social Worker: Apr 17/15, Nurse Practitioner: Jul 9/15, Nutrition Class: Jul 14/15, Psychologist: Aug 18/15, Nutritionist: Aug 28/15, Surgeon: Oct 2/15, RNY Surgery: Dec 4/15

NorthernStar
on 3/4/16 11:03 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

I'm so sorry this happened to you, but glad to hear you're ok. Car accidents (and the insurance/repair aftermath) can be very stressful.

I suspect this is more a case of nerves than a physical problem with your pouch. With all the changes in your life recently, your body knows it can't turn to food the way you might have before so it's giving you the opposite reaction.

I was always a stress eater and over the last few years I have found when I get stressed now, my appetite diminishes. This has never happened to me before. Last year when I faced a stressful situation, I did not eat regular food for over a week. If you're at all concerned, definitely get in touch with your centre. I hope everything turns out ok with your car!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

Most Active
Recent Topics