Miracle Noodle

canadianmommyof2
on 3/24/16 11:54 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

Has anyone heard of Miracle noodle before,  if so, have you tried it and is it useful in our diet?

My cousin says that it fills you up without putting on weight.  No  carbs, no gluten,  calorie free. 

Thanks for your input. 

Jen

(deactivated member)
on 3/24/16 12:40 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

You can eat them but by the time you get your protein in, you won't have room for something that offers nothing nutritionally.  Many use them much later out to fill the void of pasta.

canadianmommyof2
on 3/24/16 12:54 pm
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks for your reply! I'm full just after 1 oz of food.  Nurse was saying supposed to have 1/4 cup of food and have 1 tablespoon of food every five minutes. Two spoons fill me- so how will I have more room for foods other than protein and veggies. 

sneezy6145
on 3/24/16 12:54 pm

I've never heard of that, I will have to look into that. I definitely want to try squash spaghetti. 

northernjewlz
on 3/24/16 8:46 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

I have spaghetti squash just a bit and mix with sauce cheese and cottage cheese.  You will eventually be able to eat more as time goes just don't pu****

HW:398 SW:360 CW:347

rny March 2nd 2016 Dr Lindsay.

birdiegirl
on 3/25/16 4:12 am

I would like to give you a general caution in addition to the other posters

Try to stick to real foods.  Dense protein sources - veggies - dairy. 

If you can - don't try to find ways to mimic your trigger foods from the past.  When you hit goal - try zucchini noodles for pasta - or just have a bit of the real stuff on occasion. 

Watch sugar free products - you may dump on sugar alcohols plus they set you up for craving sweet things.  Ditch the sugar free ice cream etc

This is your big chance to do a major re-set on your body and mind.  Please take full advantage and race to your goal

Good luck!

( I realize you are just asking - and you are a new post op so likely cant eat much right now.  But your questions on some food products make me think you are pondering what comes next.  You have your own journey.  But I have seen so many over the years get de-railed by trying to find ways to fill the void of crap foods by substituting more acceptable choices and it does them in)

MamaCass4
on 3/25/16 6:02 am

I read your post with interest. I am 2 1/2 months from surgery and just had one piece of bread to make a salmon sandwich  for lunch yesterday. It agreed with me very well. Do you consider bread a problem if used sparingly? I chose Healthy Living Prebiotic Multigrain bread with prebiotic fibre. 30 grams is 82 cal, 2.2 fat , 12.8 carbs, 1.5 sugar, 2.2 fiber, and protein 3.8. Do you think that having a piece of bread once in a while will slow the weight-loss progress?  

birdiegirl
on 3/25/16 9:03 am

Everyone is different.  Bread is my big weakness so I stayed away from it until I reached goal.  Wish I had kept it away from my taste buds permanently as I am not good at moderation with my trigger foods

The first year I only counted my fluid intake and protein numbers.  If I had at least 80 grams of protein in and 2 litres of water then I was satisfied.  I was generally full after this and would only eat a few bites of veggies or use veg as a snack food.

I can only tell you what worked for me.  Most who limit carbs lose quickly.  Simple carbs are the big culprit for most as they taste so darn good and are usually slider foods.  I never worried about the carbs in veggies - other then potatoes which to this day I limit.

Sounds like you are thinking about things and that is good.

Good luck

MamaCass4
on 3/25/16 9:55 am

Thanks so much for your advice!  Much appreciated!

canadianmommyof2
on 3/25/16 6:35 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi thanks for your help. I'm still learning. What's wrong with with having a little zucchini noodles once I'm able to easy everything? 

Most Active
Recent Topics