week and a half post-op stall

canadianmommyof2
on 3/27/16 6:24 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Hi there, 

It's been a week and a half post op and I've hit a stall. I actuallygained one pound couple days ago, lost half a pound yesterday a day gained the the half I lost yesterday back today.

I'm currently on liquids and eating1-2 ounces of did each meal. I'm having breakfast,  snack (sometimes no snack), lunch,  snack,  dinner.  My meal usually lol like this:

B: 1 cup of decaf coffee. Half an hour later one premier                  protein shake

Snack: one oz of ricotta cheese 

Lunch: 1 oz of creamy soup 1 oz of cottage cheese (yesterday I had 1 oz yoghurt 1 oz of cottage cheese -too much? )

Snack : 1 Premier protein shake 

Dinner : 1 oz of creamy soup 1 oz of yoghurt 

What am I doing wrong? Am I  doing anything wrong? I even had one big bowel movement this morning and one last night. 

Please help. 

Thanks, 

Jen

Monica9811
on 3/27/16 7:50 am - Peterborough, Canada

The only thing you are doing wrong is weighing yourself and stressing out about the numbers.  I recommend you weigh yourself once a week.  You are still very early out and your body is healing and figuring things out.  The weight will come off -you are following the plan.  Don't stress about it.

ShrinkingJulia
on 3/27/16 7:57 am

I agree with Monica!  Keep following plan and focus on getting your liquids and protein.  The weight will come off but agonizing about the scale will only drive you crazy!

RNY on December 21, 2015 with Dr. Urbach at TWH
HW - 297 | SW - 280 |  3 months post op - 204 

MonaLisaSmile
on 3/27/16 9:47 am - Canada

Just relax.... and keep following your outline.  I wouldn't call anything at this point a "stall" but merely your body adjusting to some pretty intense trauma its been thru in the past week.  Breathe....and keep at it.  It gets easier each day!!

PS- congrats on the POOP !!!!!  Not being able to go REALLY SUCKS !!!

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

canadianmommyof2
on 3/27/16 10:11 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks everyone for your reply!  I'm a worrier so I worry a lot. Lol. This makes me feel better!

Thanks,

Jen

Elliebear
on 3/27/16 11:17 am - Durham region,Ontario

I am like u Jen, a worrier and I am sure will also be like this once I have had my surgery.  Great advice given that I will also try to remember. Everyone is so supportive,it's nice.  Been following your posts even before your surgery and u are too determined not to succeed. So deep breaths ,u will get there.

canadianmommyof2
on 3/27/16 11:55 am
RNY on 03/16/16

Thanks Elliebear! That's really nice to hear. Thanks for following my posts. I'm scared that I did this surgery and there'll be no positive outcome. So I haveto make sure what I do is  correct.

You'll do great too when you have your surgery!  I don'tthinkyou've had it yet.  We learn from each other! ?

Jen

sneezy6145
on 3/27/16 3:40 pm

Everything I have read said that a "stall" at this stage is normal. I agree with the other girls, stay off the scale. You're supposed to weigh yourself once a week at the same time of day. Try to let your body take the control on this one. You keep to your plan and your body will do the rest.of the work. ?

northernjewlz
on 3/29/16 6:30 am - Canada
RNY on 03/02/16

Trust the process.  I weigh every day, but just to keep myself accountable.  I literally weighed myself this morning, had 1/2 a bottle of water, then went for my first BM in 2 days, and weighed again and was up a pound.  Body's are weird things...  I fluctuate 4-5 lbs just from morning to evening...  and I don't eat very much at all...  It's just our bodies getting used to the changes and changing the way it processes energy to burn the fat....

HW:398 SW:360 CW:347

rny March 2nd 2016 Dr Lindsay.

Most Active
Recent Topics