New Path in Life to Health and Fitness. Looking to connect with others for Help and Motivation.

Roberto P.
on 3/29/16 5:40 pm

Hi everyone, this is Roberto in Toronto, Ontario, Canada and I would like to connect with those on a similar path as me to Health, Vitality and Happiness.

I'm a single, 37 year old, non-smoking or drinking male who has been on quite a roller coaster ride of loss and gain. This time I want to keep it off and be in the best shape of my life for the rest of my life. I have some mild osteo-arthritis in my knee and hip which is weight related and losing the weight would take all the pressure of my joints.

It would be greatly beneficial to connect with others on a similar journey and who live in the Toronto, Canada area. Working out together, motivating each other and sharing ideas and success are all a perfect plan. Also those with plenty of experience in the fitness industry and can offer their help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you and look forward to hearing from all of you.
Roberto

sneezy6145
on 3/29/16 5:49 pm

Are you just beginning your journey? If yes, congratulations! 

This is a great site for support. 

Roberto P.
on 3/30/16 4:17 am

Yes I am just beginning the journey. How about you sneezy how far along are you? Are you around the Toronto area?

sneezy6145
on 3/30/16 9:43 am

I'm hoping I'll be having surgery this summer. Yes, I'm in Toronto.  Best of luck on your journey, l look forward to reading your updates.

elisabeth1968
on 3/30/16 11:34 am - toronto, Canada

Hello Roberto, my name is Lisa and I have been through the journey.  My surgery will mark 1 year on April 04.

There is a group of supporters that meet once/month at Tim Hortons on Lawrence ave west south of Weston Road.  We are meeting this coming Thursday @7pm. You can follow our post on this site.

Good luck with your journey

Roberto P.
on 3/31/16 5:25 pm

Lisa

Hi Lisa, it's nice to hear from you. Yes I am considering surgery but I still want to try to get as much weight off on my own as possible in the meantime. I've heard a lot of good things about it and how it's results in tremendous long term weight loss and surppressing the appetite. I used to think it was to dangerous but the procedure is getting safer and more common so I may end going for it. 

The monthly meet up sounds like a great idea. I'm on the other side of the city (Riverdale) and I have some mobility issues at the moment but I will try to make it up there some time. I believe being in a supportive environment with those going through the same challenges you are is a mandatory requirement.

What is the name that blog you mention I would like to be a part if it. Talk to ya soon. Take care.

Roberto

Most Active
Recent Topics