Vitamins Opinions ?

CoraL33
on 5/11/16 2:07 pm - Thunder Bay, Canada

Hello everyone :)

I would like to soon buy all my vitamins so I am ready to go, whenever that is.  (hopefully sometime in the next 2 months)
I know we need a good quality multi vitamin, calcium, b12, iron, vitamin c, zinc. I also heard fish oil and biotin are good to take. Have I missed any vitamins ?? and does anyone have any recommendation on which brands of these vitamins are the best to get ? and what store or online stores are best to check out.
Should I start taking Biotin now ?
TIA !   

Referral/January 2016, Orientation/March 21 2016,
Medical Intake/April 15 2016, Sleep Study/May 3 2016,
Registered Dietitian/Psychological Assessment/May 12 & June 8 2016
Surgeon consultation/June 22 2016 Scope/July 19th 2016
Start Opti-Fast/September 26th Surgery Date/October 17th 2016

lammytee14
on 5/11/16 2:55 pm

I take the Opurity Bypass and Sleeve Optimized Multi-Vitamins and Opurity Calcium Citrate Plus. Both are chewable. These are purchased from www.unjury.com. They have changed the formula of the multi-vitamin recently so it contains more vitamin D and B, I believe. The taste has also drastically improved.

What I like about these is that I only have to take one multi at breakfast then 2 calcium at lunch and 2 calcium at supper. Very easy to manage.

I do take additional vitamin D in the winter to help with the SAD blues. I do have blood tests done to ensure I'm not taking too much.

My blood work is excellent and I do not require additional iron supplements.

Everyone has their preferences so you will get many recommendations and opinions.

Good luck!

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

sneezy6145
on 5/11/16 7:02 pm

I am having my surgery in July and I started buying my vitamins. I got the B12 disolving strips, liquid calcium + vitamin D and a prenatal vitmain. The nutrionist suggested the prenatal vitamin. It's chewable but not a gummy. I had to order them online. I would wait until you get your bloodwork back before starting anything now. The nurse said she would call when she got the results to tell me what vitamins I should start taking, if I were low on any. I never got a call so that means all is well. they will tell you if you need anything.

wiccandove
on 5/13/16 10:59 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

I actually just found out yesterday you can buy injectable B12 over the counter. It has to (should) be administered intramuscular.  My doctor is going to show me how to give it to myself :)

wiccandove
on 5/13/16 11:01 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 06/06/16

Oh however I did have a question about fish oil - is this ok to take? I hear it helps with hair loss?

Most Active
Recent Topics