Ulcer anyone?

Robin V.
on 5/15/16 2:45 pm
I've been feeling terrible for over three weeks. Sore above belly button to my ribs, which then wraps around to my back and up into my shoulders!! I'm three years out and in agony. Went to my 'normal' dr who said I was constipated?.. Really, don't go everyday but that's normal for me. Went back after a few days still in pain, given pain mess and told to take milk of magnesia. Another few more days, still in pain, told to go see someone else we don't understand you people. Meaning gastric beauties. I honestly thought I pulled muscles!! Spoke with Ottawa, diagnosed with an ulcer, again given meds!! But I'm still in pain!!! Thinking of driving myself (2 hours) to Ottawa Civic Emerg and sitting and waiting for someone to help me!! ANYONE ELSE ever feel this awful?
Thanks for listening xo

Robin 

Referral June 2012.   Orientation August 2012.   Nurse January 2013.    Sleep Study January 2013.  Abdominal Ultrasound February 2013.  Beh/Nut February 2013.   GI Scope April 2013.     Nut Class May 2013.      Met Surgeon May 2013.     Surgery June 2013

new_me180
on 5/15/16 4:53 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Sounds like you have a gallbladder issue too. Did they scope you to see if it's truly an ulcer? I had an ulcer soon after surgery and my symptoms were quite different. Every time i drank anything, it felt like i was swallowing acid. Pain only hit when i mostly drank anything, not so much solid food. I think if it's that bad, hope into your car and go to Ottawa. I did so every time when i was in pain, i drove a whole hour to the bariatric centre. Good luck.

sneezy6145
on 5/15/16 6:01 pm

I was going to say gall bladder, too.  I've had gall bladder issues since I was 18 years old. My first Dr told me I had a cold on my rib and gave me antibiotics. Anyway, I am now 44 years old and having my gall bladder removed when I have my RNY in July. You may have to go to an emergency room to get the ultrasound done. You may have a stone that's stuck in the tube. I hope you feel better soon!

Robin V.
on 5/16/16 3:23 am
Thank you xo

Robin 

Referral June 2012.   Orientation August 2012.   Nurse January 2013.    Sleep Study January 2013.  Abdominal Ultrasound February 2013.  Beh/Nut February 2013.   GI Scope April 2013.     Nut Class May 2013.      Met Surgeon May 2013.     Surgery June 2013

canadianmommyof2
on 5/16/16 8:29 am
RNY on 03/16/16

I think if it's your gallbladder you need to get it checked asap.  I don't mean to scare you but my cousin went in for a routine laparascopic gallbladder removal. When surgeon went in they found his gallbladder was gangrene and had to cut him open from the front to the back. 

I would drive the 2hrs to have yourself checked out. 

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/16 5:25 pm

How are things going with you?  

lammytee14
on 5/16/16 7:07 am

I agree with the others that it sounds like gallbladder, especially when you said it wraps around to your back and up to shoulders. (I was just in to clinic for suspected hernia and they told me the symptoms to look for if gallbladder acts up since I know I have stones but no issues so far...knock on wood. Symptoms are as you described.) I think you should take the 2 hours to drive up to the Civic ER to get checked out. They know how to deal with us (speaking from experience for an entirely other reason that brought me to ER).

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics