Is Anyone in Toronto Selling left over Optifast...Me and my GP need help

Sparkyboi9
on 6/1/16 12:00 pm

Hey Guys,

I had my Gastric Bypass on April 4, 2013 and have lost a lot of weight, however the fat kinda just dropped and rather than saggy skin, i just have a very heavy pannis.

I have spoke to my GP about back on Opti and shes all for it since i will be getting referral to Dr. Nan.  However MediMart is hard to deal with and she cant seem to get the Opti referral forms.  So in the interim, I was wondering if there are any gracious people here selling any left over OPTI as the hospital wont give it, and i have to wait for my GP to finally get the forms and approvals etc.

I am in DT Toronto,  I used to be very active on this board and am down 150lbs

Thanks!

Glen

birdiegirl
on 6/1/16 1:11 pm

There are better choices then opti post surgery.   It really isn't the right shake for us anymore.  

Are you looking to lose  more? Or just a protein source.

Sparkyboi9
on 6/1/16 3:27 pm

Lose....my doc wants me back on it...i never regained but stopped losing a year and half ago...due to some other reasons.

SO my Family Doc wants me on it but i guess she needs to apply to script Opti....so for the interim im looking for any leftovers.

This is not just me wanting OPTI....i hated it...but im gonna do what i need to do :)

Thanks tho for sharing your concerns.....I appreciate :)

birdiegirl
on 6/1/16 3:32 pm

If you can't get any.  Do a very low carb diet similar to Atkins Induction.  If you stick to it for a few weeks I guarantee you will lose.... ( not a money back guarantee,  but pretty close ! )

Hidingaway
on 6/1/16 8:02 pm

I do but I'm 4 hrs away :(

Referral Oct 10 2015

Orientation Nov 25 2015

Sleep Study Dec 5 2015

Sleep Clinic Results Jan 15 2016

Nurse Practioner Jan 18 2016

Dietician/Social Worker Feb 5 2016

2nd Sleep study Feb 5 2016

Started using CPAP Feb 18 2016

2nd Sleep Study results March 17 2016-official prescription

Pre-surgical class March 30 2016

Meet the surgeon April 20 2016

SURGERY MAY 19 2016 !!!

Teena D.
on 6/2/16 4:57 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good luck and congrats on your weight loss so far. Would it be a possibility to talk to your bariatric centre? If they agree with your family doctor, they can get the opti for you, and if not, they can perhaps help you with other options? Just a thought - but please know I'm wishing you the very best.

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
Recent Topics