So Disappointed

Stef22
on 7/7/16 8:05 pm

I was scheduled for my OTN meeting today at 3:00pm with Dr Sullivan. I arrived as told, 15 minutes earlier. I was then taken I to a room for the video conference. The lady said that everything was good to go and that it will start automatically and if it don't to go get her. Well at 3:01 there was nothing but I didn't want to jump the gun. I waited another minute and went to find her. She was no where to be found. I didn't know my way around the building back to the front desk and staff there were not very helpful. She was eventually paged and when she came back in she said she had to call them. She played with the remote and fiddled a bit...the screen went to something that was not on there the first time . She left and  I waited again ONLY to have her come back in and say that the surgeon called a different site and now I have to reschedule! 

I was so upset that I couldn't even speak to her. Everything in me tells me that she was the one that screwed this up! I tried calling the lady that does the booking but could only leave a message. I spoke to others who said that this probably will delay me anywhere from a month to 3 months! I don't see why I should be delayed when none of this was my fault. 

I woke up so excited and now I'm crushed! 

Anyone with a similar experience? Please tell me it all worked out. 

northernga1
on 7/8/16 5:17 am - Elliot Lake, Canada

someone in my local support group had this happen to her.   I live in Elliot Lake our equipement failed twice when she had her otn with Dr Lindsey.  Needless to say they rebooked after the first time almost 5 weeks later and when it happened a 2nd time they rebooked i believe was 4 weeks later and when it happened again she drove to sudbury and did her OTN at health science north.   They gave her a rushed surgery date after that because she was delayed almost 3 months by the time she finally got to see Dr Lindsey.  His secretary knew that our equipement had failed twice and she had to drive 2 hours to sudbury to have her OTN done.  She drove to Sudbury for Otn middle of November and had surgery first week of January. 

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Stef22
on 7/8/16 8:59 am

Oh my! How stressful!

I just received a call for a new date July 21st. 2 weeks not bad. I can do that lol.  I was so stressed. I just hope nothing going happens next time. 

Most Active
Recent Topics