Prep for last pre-surgery ANY AND ALL advice welcome!

rce884
on 9/16/16 10:58 am
RNY on 09/05/17

i am getting prepared for my last appointment with the pre surgery clinic at Toronto western. this is the appointment that decides weather i can meet the surgeon to book my surgery date. i want to do as much as possible to be ready. any advice? should i buy more books? i have three that i bought with recipes and tips and notes and such on top of what the clinic gave me. which i have reviewed thoroughly. i have been eating small bites and timing my food. i have been tracking on two sites here and my fitness pal. i haven't started exercising. i want to talk to the nutritionist about how i should go about that (i have very bad knees. and find walking without a cane hard even with a cane super hard and need many rests) any advice? my building has a gym and a pool. but i feel super self conscious in a bathing suit right now. ( I am sure some of you can relate.)

is there any tips or advice anyone can give me for prepareing for this critical appointment?

Thanks in advance feel free to friend me

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Tracks
on 9/16/16 1:05 pm - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

Your centre does it a little differently than mine - but just be honest.   Let them know all the things you have done to show you understand the procedure, what will happen afterwards and what you will need to do.   I was asked to describe the surgery, give examples of what I would eat in different stages after surgery, what changes I had made so far.   I was pretty worried about it, but after going through it I realized that everyone is just there to help me, looking out for my best interest.   Everyone was so nice.  Easy to talk to.  You'll do fine.

rce884
on 9/17/16 6:47 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks Tracks. that makes me feel better. you are right of course they are only looking out for my best interest. but it is nerve wracking. i just want to do well you know. but I feel better just getting your response. thank you

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

leeann73
on 9/17/16 7:18 am

It sounds like you have done a ton to prepare yourself!  I don't have any advice as I am far from that stage but I have felt so far that everyone is there to help us and they don't judge us ... show what you have done and good luck for the surgery!

rce884
on 9/19/16 10:06 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks for the support leeann73 

i am so happy to have found this site and kind people like you

Toronto Girl
on 9/17/16 5:26 pm

What appointment is this? I never had anything like this at TWH - no quiz or anything? 

rce884
on 9/17/16 6:53 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

It's the last appointment is with the dietician but the psychiatrist told me that it is up to her if my file is brought to the group of the previous appointments. And it is really up to her if I can go forward. According to the psychiatrist at least. 

Toronto Girl
on 9/17/16 7:19 pm

Not everyone goes in the same order - so she probably just meant it was the last appointment you have to do before going to rounds. It's true that if one appointment needs more followup you would need to come back. But the appointment itself isn't different vs other appointments. If you're ready, that'll show! 

rce884
on 9/19/16 10:07 am
RNY on 09/05/17

Wow that's great to know I thought it would be a test sort of thing. With a lot of pressure 

you have really calmed my nerves

thank you thank you so much. 

Roma
on 9/18/16 11:49 am
RNY on 06/15/15

You are doing everything right! The dieticians at TWH are fabulous and have your best interest in mind. Nothing at all to worry about. You'll do fine!

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

Most Active
Recent Topics