when does it get better?

breuxo
on 10/6/16 11:23 am

i have 0 energy on week 3 i hardly ever eat anything because everything sounds disgusting i've had sweet potato and fish that was ok. i'm down 17 pounds and i'm getting water in and 74 g of protein a day. in two weeks i'm suppose to go to canadas wonderland halloween houses but i don't think i'll even have the energy. i get so dizzy when i stand 

referred mid Jan, info session feb 29th, nurse April 25th, nut class may 3rd, Doctor may 10th, social worker may 12th, dietician & sw July 11th, Doctor July 19, surgical education class August 22, meet the surgeon August 31, surgery September 22/16

EvaWantsChange
on 10/6/16 4:11 pm - mississauga, Canada

Hey hun. Are you getting you vitamins in? Maybe you should contact your doctor. I use to get vertigo when I had an ear infection. Hope everything gets better soon.

breuxo
on 10/7/16 5:03 am

my doctor in windsor told me not to start any vitamins until i saw him. i don't see him until october 25 i think i'll start my vitamin D at least 

referred mid Jan, info session feb 29th, nurse April 25th, nut class may 3rd, Doctor may 10th, social worker may 12th, dietician & sw July 11th, Doctor July 19, surgical education class August 22, meet the surgeon August 31, surgery September 22/16

Ginnny
on 10/7/16 5:24 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

I had surgery at TWH and they said to start vitamins the day I was sent home.  I would start taking B12 for sure, a deficiency in that can cause some significant problems.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

breuxo
on 10/7/16 8:32 am

i asked many people from windsor and they all said "listen to your doctor" so i have been. everyone says you will have so much more energy. i'm down 30 pounds and i have way less enegry then before and am just miserable on protein shakes. i screwed up my life 

Ginnny
on 10/7/16 8:56 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

You didn't screw up anything.  If I recall you had some pretty serious health issues before surgery, have you had any relief from those?

I find there is a disconnect between Windsor and the surgical site.  You should be on more than just protein shakes and actually eating real food by six weeks.

I can't believe they would advise against taking any supplements.  When is your first appointment? 

I went by the Binder given to me from TWH.  You could call the RBC with your concerns.

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

breuxo
on 10/7/16 9:13 am

i'm actually really not loving windsors program, i see the doctor oct 25th. it's two weeks full fluids, two weeks purée, 5 weeks of soft foods!! my mom went to hamilton she told me she did 2 weeks full fluid then never did puréed but it was 4 weeks of soft foods each week gradually allowed different things. i asked her for her book she has a beautiful binder they gave her full of information. i think i'm going to follow her book and the vitamins it says to take. because honestly i can't even stand up i'm so dizzy.

my health issues magically went into remission before i had surgery like a month before but being so close to surgery i went ahead anyways just incase my body ever does come out of remission. the whole thing wouldn't be so bad if i didn't feel sick and dizzy, when sitting my legs go to sleep! i hate it i know everyone will say it gets better when your farther out but that doesn't help right now lol

Ginnny
on 10/7/16 10:35 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

No that doesn't help now I know what you're saying.  I had no complications whatsoever.  I didn't do pureed and just chewed the crap outta whatever I was eating.  Make sure you get your water in and yes I would start on the supplements.  I bought two packages of the chewable calcium when I left the hospital and just switched to the pills.  Didn't bother me.  I do prenatal multi-vitamin, was on 2 a day until my 2nd doctor visit (3 mos out) did the surgeon prescribe you a PPI? Acid could make you feel nauseous and of course not enough fluid.  Have you checked your BP lately?  I was getting dizzy every time I stood up....DR took me off the meds shortly after surgery.  Like I said, a B12 deficiency can cause lots of side effects.  If you have a family dr make an appointment and ask to have some labs done now.  You don't have to wait till Windsor.

sneezy6145
on 10/6/16 6:10 pm

It takes a while. I couldn't take a shower without having to cut it short so I could sit down. I thought something was wrong with me. My surgeon assured me it was normal. I would lose my balance a lot. I'm almost at the 3 month mark and it's better now. Not perfect but a lot better than before. I know how you feel and it sucks, I know. It will get better. Going to Canada Wonderland may be a bit ambitious. I would take a lot of sitting breaks and let the people your with know that you'll need breaks. 

Sending hugs your way!

breuxo
on 10/7/16 5:04 am

my mom had surgery last year she told me i would be fine to go, so i bought tickets still two weeks away so maybe i'll get better by then. i hate this. i'm full of regret right now can't wait until i'm out farther when it apparently gets better. 

Most Active
Recent Topics