Accident

Mahalo F.
on 12/23/16 10:38 am

Hello everyone!

So I have mentioned before, I had some ankle surgery.  I rented a knee scooter instead of crutches.  I used it quite a lot in and around the house during the first 4 weeks. Yesterday, I ventured out  and about to do some Christmas shopping.

While scootering along the side walk and a wheel hit a crack and it sent me falling forward.  I hit my left knee, wrist, left upper quadrant of my abdomen (on the handle bar) & I hit the left side of my face when I hit the ground.

I know... It was quite the fall and I was embarrassed.

After a bit of help from some very kind people, I got up on my feet and while uncomfortable decided I was okay.

After about an hour the pain in my right upper quadrant had increased and become quite unbearable. Feeling a lot of pressure and was having a hard time moving.

I chose not to go to emergency because I didn't want to wait 12 hours in emergency and get exposed to something that might sideline my surgery.

Took some Dilaudid and went to bed. Quite honestly I am worried about my spleen.

I was at the weight management clinic this morning and the nurse practioner told me to mention it to the pre admission nurse this afternoon.  I am hoping that they will order an ultrasound and rule out any crazy. I don't want anything to delay my surgery. Having said that, I am worried that I may have injured my spleen...

I don't want to go into surgery and them find an injured spleen.

Hoping my pre admission appointment will order some diagnostic imaging...

Feeling anxious...

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Kathy1212
on 12/23/16 12:10 pm

Oh no, I'm so sorry this happened!  I hope you'll get your diagnostic imaging and that it will rule out any problems.

I hope you'll feel better soon.

Take care,

Kathy

Patm
on 12/23/16 2:44 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like a bad fall. Hope you are okay for your surgery

crqvingchange
on 12/23/16 8:05 pm

Mahalo, so sorry this happened.  Please let us know what they say.  Hoping that it is an internal bruise and it doesn't delay your surgery.  S Better to be safe and mention it at the pre-op appointment.  Sending hugs.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Most Active
Recent Topics