Accidentwasn't

Mahalo F.
on 12/24/16 6:24 pm

Hello everyone!

So... I went in for my pre-op yesterday.

Told them about my knee scooter incidence.

I told them I was worried about the injury that I sustained to the left upper quadrant of my abdomen. There is quite a lot of swelling, bruising & discomfort in that whole area.

They sent me for X-rays and they showed that I have two cracked ribs.  Good news is that they are not displaced.

The anesthesiologist suggested rescheduling  my  RNY for a month until things heal. I asked if the injury would effect the surgery and he said no.  I told him that I am half way through my Opti fast prep. Hell or high water, I am moving forward with my surgery. 

I am very uncomfortable and I cannot lay on my right or left sides.  I am hoping with each and every day moving forward that the pain decreases.

This is another very good reason to lose weight.  Landing with all my weight on the handle bars wasn't easy.

That being said... Moving on and moving forward.

Day 11 Opti fast and a survived Christmas Eve dinner without falling off the wagon. Actually quite proud of myself.

Thank you

Sandra

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Kathy1212
on 12/25/16 1:35 pm

Hi Sandra,

I'm so sorry about your cracked ribs; how awful! 

I don't blame you for not wanting to wait, but I hope it won't be too hard on you to have to heal from cracked ribs and surgery at the same time.  I'm so sorry you're in so much pain.

Congratulations on surviving Christmas Eve on Opti!  I was so worried that I'd be on Opti over Christmas and was relieved when my surgery dates were later than the surgeon originally told me.  You have every reason to be proud of yourself; that's a major accomplishment, staying on the Opti wagon over Christmas!

Merry Christmas! 

Kathy

Mahalo F.
on 12/25/16 3:03 pm

Hello Kathy,

How are you doing? 

I have to admit the first 48 hours were pretty bad.

I am feeling a bit better today... 

Quite honestly... I think it is preparing me for the RNY.

Definitely having a hard time climbing in and out of bed.

My bed is quite high... So I am thinking that I am going to kick my little guy out of his bed post op.

It is Christmas Day and I am hiding in the den.

Today has been difficult.  Day 12 Opti fast... 

10 days until RNY 

Take care

Sandra

Mahalo

Roux En Y - Jan. 4, 2017

HW 283 SW 260 CW 165

IN THE END WE ONLY REGRET CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.

Kathy1212
on 12/26/16 7:49 am

Hi Sandra,

You made it through Christmas to Boxing Day today; woohoo!

I would have had to shove Vic's Vapor Rub up my nose to get through the holidays had I been on opti; that was my plan, anyway, lol.  I knew it was the only way the smells of roast turkey and fresh baked cookies wouldn't get to me.  So proud of your ability to stay on plan.

Thank goodness you were feeling a bit better yesterday; hopefully today is even better.

I'm leaving for my pre-op surgery visit in 12 or 13 days.  My appointment is on Jan. 10th but I want to leave a few days earlier to spend some time with my family members in Toronto before I need to start Opti on the 11th.  We don't have a Costco in the Sault so I want to go pick up some Premier Protein while I'm there.

I can't believe how quickly time is passing! Only 9 days until surgery for you now; wow!  So close, and so exciting!  Soon you'll be on the losers bench, and I'll be a month behind you.

Take care,

Kathy

Teena D.
on 12/26/16 6:35 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I'm in between. ? 17 days until my surgery and 10 until I start optifast. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Teena D.
on 12/26/16 6:33 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Good for you. Glad you know the cause of your pain. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Most Active
Recent Topics