Day 3 of Optifast

Kathy1212
on 1/13/17 8:30 am

I am drinking my first Vanilla shake of Day 3 Optifast and it is yummy.  So good.  Delish! 

So what on earth happened, lol? 

Is it just my taste buds getting used to it, the fact that I'm hungry, or does using cold bottled water and ice really make such a difference?  My first Vanilla Opti on day 1 was so disgusting I thought I was in for a terrible 3 weeks.  Now I'm fine with it and wishing the shakes were bigger.

Check out my 3 weeks worth of Optifast taking up an entire suitcase:

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

birdiegirl
on 1/13/17 9:07 am

I liked opti too - with lots of ice and extra cold water in the blender.

Kathy1212
on 1/13/17 10:52 am

I'll have to try the blender; I've just been using my shaker cups so far.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

Kathy  

Tracks
on 1/13/17 9:31 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

on my 4th day, I had a vanilla that was absolutely horrible - even more horrible, I should say.  I wondered if I had a bad one - it was off.   So far the others have been ok.   Maybe your first one was an off one too?

I'm glad to hear you like it - that will make it easier for sure.  Best of luck.

Kathy1212
on 1/13/17 10:54 am

I never even considered that it may have been off, but of course, you're right, it may have been!  It was rank!

For sure it will be easier for me now that I like them.  I hope you'll get to like them better too.

Are you hungry?  I am, and my stomach is growling all the time. 

Good luck to you, too.

Kathy  

Tracks
on 1/13/17 11:53 am - Halton Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/25/17

I'm not really hungry.   I can certainly tell when it's about time to have the next shake though.  If I wait too long, then I know I will be in trouble.

It's funny, I have cravings, but not the normal cravings for junk.   I'm craving protein.  Things like tuna, eggs and cheese.   I guess I'm just after something heavy in my stomach.   My growling stopped after a few days.

I did have a few days where I only got 3 shakes in.  I'm trying very hard to make sure I get the 4.  I got a charlie horse in my calf and I was reading if you only take 3 you might not be getting enough of the protein in the shakes.   Sometimes 4 is tough, but I am trying.

We will get there!

Kathy1212
on 1/13/17 2:09 pm

I know what you mean about knowing when it's time for the next shake; my tummy sounded like an angry lion!  After I had the shake it was fine.  I had the last one over 3 hours ago and no hunger or tummy rumbling now so that's good. Maybe I just waited too long between my breakfast and lunch shake.

I am craving fruit, and beef stew with dumplings, lol.

We will get there, for sure!

Kathy  

Jo0710
on 1/13/17 12:00 pm

Yes almost done my 3 weeks and I find this week I'm really struggling to get my 4 in.  :)

I still get stomach grumbling once in awhile and I agree with the cravings. I want eggs and chicken and cheese.  

RNY Jan 16/17 Surgery @ St. Mikes with Dr. Rotstein. Pre-Surgery -20lbs & Optifast -15lbs. Year 1 Loss after RNY: 131lbs

**Half the woman I was**

Kathy1212
on 1/13/17 2:18 pm

So nice that you're almost done!  You'll be on the losers bench in no time!

Kathy  

sneezy6145
on 1/13/17 6:20 pm

Because of my work schedule, I didn't drink a breakfast shake, so I would make 2 packets for lunch. I used 1.vanilla and 1 chocolate, ice and a tad less water than was required. Blended it in my nutribullet and it tasted like a Wendy's frosty. I didn't enjoy the vanilla on their own.

Most Active
Recent Topics