What are you eating/doing (Saturday)

Patm
on 4/8/17 7:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning everyone. It is soooo good to see sun again. Out soon for a long walk. Just some housework later.

b 1 egg, 3 sl bacon

l tuna with mayo and melba toast

d chicken, cabbage salad

s breton crackers and cheese

Have a good day everyone

Kathy1212
on 4/8/17 7:57 am

Good morning!

Pat, enjoy your walk! It's sunny here too so I am planning to go for either a bike ride or a walk...or maybe both, lol.

Breakfast: half of a fold-it flat bread with 1 tbsp peanut butter, apple cinnamon herbal tea with 2 tbsp premier protein shake as whitener.

Lunch: Chicken with hot sauce and 2 tbsp low cal ranch dressing.

Supper: Not sure, possibly zuchinni noodles with ground beef and cottage cheese, plus marinara.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

crqvingchange
on 4/8/17 9:56 am

Good afternoon everyone. Pat I am loving the sunshine. Today I think I will go outside and do some raking and picking up sticks that have fallen throughout the winter. That should be good exercise. Tonight DH and I are going out for dinner and to listen to live music.

This morning I made my SKYR yogurt with all the fixin's. This week's yogurt is Skyr mixed with chia, hemp, flax, chopped prunes, dried mango (just a little), coconut, mango protein powder, and all topped off with walnuts. It will sit in the fridge and be ready tomorrow morning. This is the concoction that keeps me regular and I try to switch up the flavour every week to give me some variety. Always add SKYR, chopped prunes, chia, hemp and flax, but some of the flavours I've made are Tiramisu, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate caramel, peanut butter banana, apple cinnamon. It has at least 20g of protein per serving, and is a good afternoon or nighttime snack. Sometimes it's a meal.

The eats today at 2.5 years post-op are:

Rivers of decaf with Premier Protein Vanilla used as creamer/sweetener

Scrambled eggs with red and green peppers, chicken sausage, fresh salsa

Burger homemade topped with sauteed onions, taco cheese, big slice of beefsteak tomato (no bun)

Brisket with gravy and a salad with goat cheese at the restaurant

SKYR yogurt with all the fixin's (the last of the batch I made last weekend - chocolate/caramel with cocoa almonds on top)

Have a great day everyone and enjoy the sunshine.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

MonaLisaSmile
on 4/8/17 2:57 pm - Canada

And here I've been just eating my SKYR as is...right out of the container!!!!

WHAT WAS I THINKING !!!!!!

Your way sounds DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! And who couldn't use to be a little "more regular" in RNY land!! LOL

Enjoy the sun this weekend CC

SW- 260    GW- 150    CW -138    Height - 5'5      RNY- St Josephs Hamilton July 17/2015  

Cinderz
on 4/8/17 10:32 am

Good afternoon everyone

I've been out of commission this week, was scheduled to go into the O.R for a simple surgical procedure on Thursday but ended up being admitted on Tuesday. Nothing VSG surgery related. I'm feeling myself again but have been put on restrictions. I can walk so that is my plan this afternoon to get back out there and get some km logged in, 4 weeks until I walk the 10k.

My eats today

B - egg white omelette with 1 slice of turkey bacon and 15g reduced fat cheddar cheese

L - tuna salad

D - 2 oz chicken breast with steamed veggies

snacks - cottage cheese smoothe, melba toast with light peanut butter

Have a great weekend everyone

Patm
on 4/8/17 5:36 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Hope you re feeling better. Walking is good

OrangeBlossom17
on 4/8/17 11:32 am

Good afternoon, I am loving the sunshine but hoping for some warmer weather in the days ahead.

Slow start and a day full of chores. For activity I will be spending 2 hours doing eggbeater while helping the coach for my daughter's synchronized swim team at practice today.

Pre Op

Breakfast - yogurt with steel cut oats

Lunch - carrots and hummus and 1/2 cheese quesadilla

Dinner - Out for dinner tonight with friends

Snacks - Orange, apple with almond butter

Enjoy the day.

Referred:Oct 2016 Orientation: Jan 9th/17 Nurse: Apr 4th/17 PreOp Class 1: Apr 2017 Nut/SW:Jun 13th/17 Psych:Jun 29th/17 PreOp Class 2: July 11th/17 Meet the Surgeon:July 12th/17 Endoscopy: July 21st/17 RNY Surgery: August 25th/17

Opti-15lbs M1-18.5lbs M2-12.5lbs M3-10lbs M4-10lbs M5-4lbs M6-15lbs, M7-5lbs M8-

Most Active
Recent Topics