Meet the Surgeon - LONG wait at TWH

SKT
on 6/29/17 2:33 pm

Had my last appointment today with psyc and it was easy breezy. I meet the surgeon next week and should be in the clear. I did learn that they are booking surgery in Nov/Dec now so still a long wait.

Anyone else in the same boat?

LauraLeafFan
on 6/29/17 3:35 pm

Yea I was there today for a post op follow up and heard after you meet with the surgeon it's about a 5 month wait for surgery. When you meet the surgeon ask to go on a cancellation list if your personal schedule is flexible as you aren't given much notice apparently. However it may be worth it.

Good luck....who knows if they are that backlogged maybe they will send people to other hospitals like they did last year.

The journey is worth the wait...and the education you will gather along the way can only help you succeed.

All the best!!

oneatatime
on 6/29/17 6:23 pm
RNY on 09/01/17

Hi SKT,

I had my psych appointment on Wednesday and was told I'd be meeting the surgeon next. I don't have an appointment yet though... I was told it would be about a 2 month wait for that appointment, and then 5 months for surgery.

It sounds like you have your "meet the surgeon" date already which is great.

I will, as always, be calling for cancellations. As Laura mentioned, if your schedule is flexible, you may be able to get a quicker date for surgery.

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery and may the rest of the journey go quickly for you!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

Most Active
Recent Topics