OLD HABITS DIE HARD

missmac67
on 8/7/17 5:43 am
RNY on 08/01/17

Hi!-It's me MJ! I am moving along feeling better and better - yesterday was interesting. Let me know if this ever happened to you. My family went out to Oakville for a family dinner. I opted out because my stomach is a little distended from the surgery and the thought of a 45 minute drive in a seatbelt was not appealing plus the thought of having to drink my dinner out of medicine cups in front of the family was a no go. Anyway. Whenever I was alone in the house. The OLD me would take the opportunity to binge on whatever I wanted. Yesterday was not so. I took a nap and watched a movie and spent time with my brother. This was a switch and something that was good but yet unsettling to me because even though I know it was bad for me I think I am really going to miss quantities. I'm just saying. Please look to my blog missmac67 if you have a moment. I hope you have an even better day!

TOGETHER we can be BETTER

Best, MJ

Kathy1212
on 8/7/17 8:35 am

The same thing happened to me last week at camp (our family cottage). I usually brought loads of junk food to camp with me: chips, cheesies, chocolate bars, candy, marshmallows...you name it and I brought it. It was a food free for all.

This time I brought premier protein shakes, babybel light cheese, pepperettes, some eggs, and also had some BBQ'd meat to choose from. I had a great time and didn't miss the junk, although I thought I would right up until I got there. I did have some watermelon and cherries because I forgot to bring my berries with me.

So glad you're feeling better!

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

missmac67
on 8/7/17 2:35 pm
RNY on 08/01/17

Thank you Kathy! Way to go on your weight loss! It's funny now knowing that no one starved. I guess I was really buying food for myself and not others. I thought I was so selfless....

Best, MJ

(deactivated member)
on 8/7/17 12:45 pm

Congrats .... I know ...trust me ...I know.... I miss eating from the bag or box..LOL...remember I am pre -op and I still longingly look at Sour Cream and Onion chips.... :(

missmac67
on 8/7/17 2:36 pm
RNY on 08/01/17

Thanks Jobear27 I really appreciate your reply. I bought my daughter a bag of chips - family size and I had to ask her to measure them out. We are so used to eating out of the bag as well. Well now Mamma has a brand new bag LOL

Best, MJ

rce884
on 8/8/17 10:46 am
RNY on 09/05/17

That is one thing that i have found is odd. in the year + since i started this journey my craving for potato chips has gone WAY down. same with alcohol. i still want them sometimes but i used to be a chip a-holic

now not so much.

it has been odd. i am taking smaller portions and eating less of the binge food i used to eat. i hope the same happens for you.

i feel confident that after surgery i wont want chips and alcohol at all

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

leeann73
on 8/8/17 5:57 am

Old habits do die hard. I stay in a lot of hotels for work travel and it use to be a free for all with the food. Now I preplan and bring my food and I actually save quite a bit of money too. Haha.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

Most Active
Recent Topics