Aches, and Pains daily

terrylynnishere
on 8/7/17 9:01 pm

Hey there everyone, Just wanted to vent about how much it hurts to walk and move around some days. This is one the main reason I have chosen to follow thru with the surgery, besides a better overall quality of life. A simple walk around my block to return a few things to the library left me almost in tears when I got home. Funny how some days I can get around to do the to do's and simply rest when needed and have very little pain though. I'm wondering if anyone has had this issue {joint pain } prior to having surgery, and if there was a significant amount of pain relief after recovery. I'm counting the days to hear from the surgeon, and praying that I can keep going until a change happens.

This journey would have been so much more challenging without all of you here. Thanks a bunch

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

Murt65
on 8/8/17 3:59 am

I agree. I feel like everything hurts some days from my feet to my back to my shoulders. I am really hoping the weight loss will alleviate a lot of this too.

Linda M.
on 8/8/17 6:07 am - Orillia, Canada

I'm glad you are going through the process and persevering. I hope and pray that the call comes soon scheduling you for your surgery. There are many challenges still ahead and I wish you strength and a continued positive outlook.

Orientation: June 29th, 2016, Surgery March 22, 2017. Pre-surgery: 16 lbs, (Size 2x, 18/20), M1: 19 lbs. (Size 1x, 16/18), M2: 13 lbs. (Size 16, XL) M3: 10 lbs. (Size 14/16, large). M4: 6 lbs. (Size 14, large/medium). M5: 10 lbs. (Size 14, solid medium - lol), M6: 9 lbs. (Size 12, medium). M7: 8 lbs. (Size 10/12 and small/medium). M8: 7 lbs. (Size 10 and small/medium). M9: 2 lbs. (Size 8/10 - small/medium). Lost 100 lbs by Month 9! M10: 5 lbs. M11: 4 lbs. One year: 6 lbs. Total 111 lbs. lost!

terrylynnishere
on 8/8/17 10:36 am

Thank you so much Linda. I know it's not going to be an easy time but I can see the rainbow at the end of all this

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

Kathy1212
on 8/8/17 9:07 am

I've seen a huge difference in my pain levels since losing. I used to be in pain all the time. It hurt to do anything...make my bed, load the wash machine, do the dishes, carry anything at all...pain. Walking hurt. Just about everything hurt.

It's so much better now. Now I can walk for a few hours without any pain and there's still a bounce in my step. I can ride my bike across town and back without pain (unless it's a bumpy ride...my bike has no suspension, lol). I have two problematic discs in my neck so I still have some pain, especially if I sleep in the wrong position, but the all over body pain has vanished.

Hang in there.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

terrylynnishere
on 8/8/17 10:43 am

Wow Kathy, that is great to hear. I'm sure your quality of life has improved greatly. Good job ! I bought a bike summer 2015 and was only able to ride it a few times before I got too big and too self-conscious to ride. Besides not being able to carry it down 2 flights of stairs to get out . It has been sitting in the entrance of my apartment since then, and I am so excited at the possibility of riding again.

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

Kathy1212
on 8/8/17 11:37 am

Thank you!

I really love my bike rides now. I bought the bike last year and did ride when at my highest weight, but it is much easier now.

Pre-Op Visit: Jan. 10, 2017, weight 304, surgeon: Dr. David Lindsay, St. Joe's, Toronto

1st Day of (3 weeks worth of) Optifast: Jan. 11, 2017

Surgery Date: Feb. 1st, 2017

Kathy  

(deactivated member)
on 8/8/17 5:41 pm

I too am praying this will help- good luck!!

Wayne H.
on 8/9/17 12:39 pm
RNY on 02/08/17

My knees and Back are feeling so much better.

I can climb stairs now, I even did a 3k hike last week and am now an avid Kayaker.

I could not do that one year ago. Not without significant pain and then the famous seize up afterwards.

I have NO regrets about my decision to do this.

terrylynnishere
on 8/9/17 1:01 pm

That's great news Wayne

I am inspired by the hope in all of the messages.

Keep keepin' on..

Vertical sleeve, Sept 15

Most Active
Recent Topics