Bariatric Centers?

DebColCam
on 8/15/17 2:18 pm - Canada
How is it determined which center someone will go to? A few years ago when I was first referred I went through Humber based on my address. I new referral was made for me last month and this time they are sending me to Guelph. Guelph is much further for me then Toronto. I don't know what to do! The Bariatric Network use to have a map and you entered your postal code for them to determine the center but I can't find that...anyone going thru Guelph know what wait times are like? or Humber river? I guess I will try to call and find out why they are suggesting Guelph. I am baffled by Guelph with a orientation date for end of September. Any feedback or suggestions would be helpful. TIA

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

Starnaenae
on 8/15/17 4:44 pm

Guelph is MUCH faster than the gta hospitals. They are great there. Keep it

TWH: Referral May 2015 --> Orientation November 2015 --> Surgeon at TWH Nov 2016 --> Transferred to Guelph --> Surgeon Appt Dec 1 2016 --> Opti Start Dec 8 2016 --> Surgery Dec 22 2016 HW: 331 SW:302 GW: 170

DebColCam
on 8/15/17 6:06 pm - Canada
Thank you for your reply...I looked up maps and Guelph is only about 1/2 longer drive than gta hospitals. I lot less traffic too. I also wondered if it was because my bmi increased a far bit from when I allowed my nervous to talk me out of it the last time. I am going to stick with Guelph. Everything happens for a reason.

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

leeann73
on 8/15/17 6:23 pm

I had my surgery in Guelph. They were amazing. It was an excellent experience and I have no regrets.

referral: early June 2016; surgery Feb 21, 2017

(deactivated member)
on 8/16/17 4:10 am

I've read many posts that say Guelph is faster. Everything does happen for a reason!!

Good Luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics