Any one else missing alcohol this holiday season

oneatatime
on 12/24/17 7:26 am
RNY on 09/01/17

I understand what you're saying. I was a big drinker before WLS!! In my family, we drink. A lot! We're not alcoholics, don't get me wrong... but we definitely enjoy good food and good drinks. A martini before dinner, then wine, then... lol.

I will admit that alcohol is "the" reason I didn't have WLS earlier in my life. I wasn't willing to give it up. This year, I was finally ready. So am I missing it? No... because it took me years to decide losing weight was more important than drinking. But I had to work up to this for years!! If I had done it sooner, I would have failed on alcohol alone!!

Do I understand the lure of alcohol? Yes! Do I miss the idea of it? Yes! Will I ever drink again? I have no idea... for now, I don't drink.

Enjoy the charcuterie plate. I'm sure it will be delicious!!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. Choose happy.

Opti -10 / M1 -25.5 / M2 -10 / M3 -14.5 / M4 -13 / M5 -10 / M6 -5.5 / M7 -9.5 / M8 -13.5 / M9 -0.5 / M10 -2.5 / M11 -2.5 / M12 +2 / M13 -5.5

Century Club and Onederland in month 7!!

rce884
on 12/24/17 1:01 pm
RNY on 09/05/17

Thanks OAAT!

i havent craved it at all up until the last 2 days since my sister has been home. i think it is just that there is so much this holiday. the move and the new house, my dad, and my sister and my strained relationship. before my surgery i drank next to nothing. even though it was a huge crutch for my mum and sister and aunt when my dad died i just did not want it. and that was fine. i have had bottles around for months i had just bought some liquors before surgery for my liquor cabinet. and i havent been remotely desperate to have them. its just for some reason this holiday.

i dont even drink alot when i do. i havent been drunk in years, but this was just something i wanted to know about anyone else feeling this way over the holdiays i suppose it is like people eating to much at thanksgiving. just curiosity more than anything else

I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday!

Highest weight 311/ Weight day of surgery 271/One Month 257/ Two Months 247.5 / Three Months 241/ Four months 234/ Five months 228

Most Active
Recent Topics