BE REALISTIC!!

lexxiblue
on 7/21/18 5:19 am
RNY on 01/11/12

While many WLS patients wish they could be at some magical weight they consider ideal, the weight you choose needs to be realistic. Not necessarily what you weighed in college or when you got married. Not necessarily less than your sister. Are you shooting for a weight that you can live with, even if it doesn't match the "magic number" you long to see on the scale? Are you capable of performing your desired activities? Are you healthy? Can you maintain the necessary lifestyle in order to maintain your ideal weight? Think about your definition of an ideal weight. Are you aiming for a realistic number you can maintain? If not, explore why not. You could be sabotaging your success.

Scary.Airy
on 7/23/18 12:38 pm

Agree wholeheartedly with this. To have a ticker on here, I had to choose a 'goal weight' but honestly; I don't have one whatsoever. I just used the number on the "normal' BMI for my height. I have a vague idea in my mind of what I think it might be, but I'll see when the time comes. Sure, I would like to look nice and be all dainty and weigh like a baby bird, haha, but mainly I want to base it on how I feel, strong and energetic and lean and powerful, if that makes sense.

Goddess in training...

lexxiblue
on 7/24/18 9:42 am
RNY on 01/11/12

Most Active
Recent Topics