What are you eating/doing this Tuesday?

crqvingchange
on 2/26/19 4:16 am

Good morning everyone. Today I have a bunch of errands to run and calls to make, then tonight DH and I are going out for dinner and to listen to live music.

QOTD: What was your first car? I had a Chev Impala SS. It would leave everyone else standing when the light turned green. It was like driving a boat, albeit a comfy boat. I cannot imagine parallel parking a car like that now.

The eats today at 4 years 7 months post-op are:

B. Decaf coffee, coffee, coffee

L. Crustless quiche with bacon and cheese

D. Baked Brie with raw veg for dipping

S. Protein latte

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 2/26/19 4:31 am - Canada

Good morning :)

I think we are going to hibernate today and possibly cancel our plans for tomorrow too depending on the forecast (we are supposed to go swimming again). We did the same thing yesterday.

QOTD: my first car was a 1993 Pontiac Grand Am. When it rained you ended up with a swimming pool on the passenger side floor area. It had Nascar stickers on the back window from the previous owner. In high school I got to bop around in a little pickup truck that my grandparents owned... I loved that truck.

Post-op three years and eleven months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt and blueberries

Lunch - turkey pepperette and cheese stick

Snack - some variation of PB and banana

Dinner - tbd

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 2/26/19 6:02 am

Your passengers must have prayed for dry weather when riding in the Grand Am.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

wrkinprogress
on 2/26/19 10:18 am

Hey gang! Been a busy few days for me so I didn't get a chance to post but made sure I logged on at lunch today.

QOTD: My first car was a 1979 Mustang 5.0 (for $800 bux I felt pretty cool at 16) Within a couple of years I traded it in on a 1988 Mustang GT 5.0 which I still have stored today. Back in my time our big excitement on the weekend was "cruising the drag", which my parents through was ridiculous because we drove back and forth slow on the main strip in a nearby city then would stop at a restaurant and just hang out with friends in the parking lot. Better than many things we could have been doing!

B - greek yogurt, raspberries

S - turkey pepperette

L - 1 chicken skewer, Italian wedding soup

S - 1/2 protein shake

D - chicken breast, broccoli, parm

S - 1/2 protein shake

Just curious if you veterans still keep track of your protein. My centre wants me close to 80g per day but on some menus it doesn't seem like there would be that much especially without snacks.

crqvingchange
on 2/26/19 11:55 am

I'm not a vet, but I do keep track of my protein. If you drink coffee or tea, you can use vanilla protein shakes as the creamer. The thing that I really keep an eye on, are my carbs. I am diabetic, and also I have dumped when I ate melon, and a few other times. If my sugars go too high, I will also have a reactive hypoglycemia episode.

You're a 'Stang Girl. Excellent.

wrkinprogress
on 2/26/19 2:02 pm

Thanks CC

Unfortunately I don't drink coffee or tea,,,,,, Jus****er :) Maybe I'll try half decaf and half protein shake but I know my centre said they want all the protein to be through food by 6 months. More turkey pepperettes isn't going to hurt my feelings... yummy.

Yes I would image you have to be quite careful with carbs. I'm incorporating very few for now even though the centre says I should have more of those too. (seems a lil strange)

crqvingchange
on 2/27/19 4:10 am

Guelph told me more carbs too. When I was there at my last visit they told how well I was doing and how many have regained a lot of weight. I choose my carbs very carefully to get the most nutritional impact from them and the lowest insulin response. Up my carbs has triggers cravings for me. Everyone is different, but all I can say is that this has been working for me so I will stick with it until it stops working.

Most Active
Recent Topics