What are you eating/doing today - Thursday?

crqvingchange
on 2/28/19 4:41 am

Good morning everyone. Yesterday was a fun day. I had a good laugh with my friend at lunch. Today I am going swimming, and will try to remember to pick up the swim schedule for a friend. This afternoon I have my annual eye exam so the rest of the day I will have yellow lizard eyes.

QOTD: If you could describe your home decor, what style would it be? Mine would be modern/mid century modern. Because I'm old, I have a lot of teak and rosewood furniture mixed with modern pieces. The older I get the less ornate I want things. Too much dusting.

The eats today at 4 years 7 months post-op:

B. Coffee, coffee, coffee

S. Protein coffee after swimming

L. Scrambled eggs with mushrooms, peppers and a little bacon

D. Leftover Jalapeno/Cheddar sausage, half of a burrata with cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and some olive oil drizzled on top.

S. Protein latte before bed.

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 2/28/19 5:08 am - Canada

Good morning :)

Swimming yesterday was fun -- the little nugget got her head dunked under the water for the first time by the instructor. She cried briefly but we distracted her quickly with some toys.

Today I'm going to try to tackle some of the snow and then hibernate for the rest of the day. I made meatloaf and potatoes last night that turned out pretty well (I'm not a cook lol).

QOTD: I don't really have a style yet. All of our furniture is secondhand, antique (from family), or Ikea lol. We have a lot of dark wood furniture in our living room but that is more by chance than design.

Post-op three years and eleven months.

Breakfast - protein bar

Snack - Greek yogurt and blueberries

Lunch - chickpeas and lentils

Snack - apple and PB

Dinner - leftover meatloaf

Snack - pudding

All water and vits.

crqvingchange
on 3/1/19 3:55 am

How did you make your meatloaf?

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Meggles07
on 3/1/19 4:48 am - Canada

Meatloaf:

2 eggs

3/4 cup of milk

3/4 cup bread crumbs (I used Costco croutons and pulsed them in the food processor)

2lbs ground beef

Diced onion (I used one small)

1/2 small can of tomato paste

1-2 tbsp parsley -- I don't know how much because I had some from our "garden"

Salt -- I thought the croutons would be salty enough and I skipped the salt. Oops lol.

Topping:

1/2 can tomato paste

BBQ sauce

Steps:

Mix everything except the meat (and toppings) in a bowl. Fold in the beef until just mixed -- don't over mix :)

Options - you can form the loaf on a baking sheet but I used a loaf pan. The baking sheet version will stay more loafy/dry and the loaf pan version will be a bit more crumbly/wet because the drippings stay in.

Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Remove and add toppings (I just put them on the meatloaf separately and swirled them together). Return to oven for 10-15 minutes. When done let stand for 10-15 minutes.

**Note of warning -- I am a terrible cook in general so take all directions with a grain of salt. DH confirmed that the meatloaf was delicious but needed more salt.

wrkinprogress
on 2/28/19 6:41 am

Good frosty morning. Everything looked so pretty this morning covered in a thick blanket of frost, as I was driving I would see the sun catching the trees and it looked like they were covered in diamonds. Same old work day for me and then heading to my hairdresser tonight to see if she has any magic trick to disguise my thinning hair.

QOTD: I don't think there's a name for my décor,,,,,, let's go with contemporary modern with a touch of history. I really like clean lines,,,absolutely hate clutter so for the most part my decorations are minimal but I have antique pieces here and there like an old butter churn in my kitchen and a wash stand with bowl and pitcher of my great grandmothers in my dining room.

B - greek yogurt, spoon of light granola mixed in

S - boiled egg

L - 2 chicken skewers

S - turkey pepperette

D - on the go for hair appt so likely protein shake or may grab swiss chalet chicken/salad

S - cheese string

crqvingchange
on 3/1/19 4:00 am

Now you have me craving Swiss Chalet, lol. My hair came back thicker than it was before surgery. It was very thin for a while.

Ginnny
on 2/28/19 8:31 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 04/11/16

Hello!!! I'm back, sadly. Although I am looking forward to seeing my pups tonight. We got in (home) this morning at 2:00 am. and yes I was silly enough to come to work. So tired.

Nothing in the fridge for a couple of days so I just stopped and grabbed subway this morning. That is breakfast, snack, lunch, and afternoon snack. Tonight I ordered meatloaf from the local catering company so I should be able to have leftovers of that for tomorrow.

The weather was awesome, nice and warm, and this morning I was looking for someone to make my mimosa.....yeah, that didn't happen, back to reality.

I'll be doing some grocery shopping and meal prepping this weekend for sure.

Take care all!!

Over 100 lbs lost! and 13 lbs below goal weight!

crqvingchange
on 3/1/19 3:57 am

Glad you had a good time Ginny. I look for someone to make me a Mimosa every morning. Never happens. Good to have you back.

Sunny2018
on 2/28/19 4:49 pm
RNY on 10/22/18

Survived the big snowfall here yesterday; I know I live in a country with four seasons and normally love them all - however, this season I am so done with winter! I fell on ice last week and spent my family day weekend resting. But otherwise, I'm still following my plan and trying to get as much walking in as possible.

B: 1 hard boiled egg and sugar free yogurt with 6 raspberries

S: decaf coffee

L: homemade chili (ground beef, beans, hot sauce)

S: Premier protein shake

D: Homemade hamburger with spinach greens, 1 tsp dressing

S: cheese string

Lots of water and all my vitamins

Almost Friday - hurray!!

Sunny

crqvingchange
on 3/1/19 3:59 am

Ouch for falling on the ice. It is so slippery out there. Canada Post has declared our neighbourhood too dangerous to deliver mail. The streets are icy because of the salt shortage.

Most Active
Recent Topics