No help at Humber when asking

Kidbd
on 3/10/21 7:20 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Simple problem here.Called Humber. Explained I have had surgery 9 years ago. Need assistance to start an opti fast program as I've gained 49 pounds of my 130 lost pounds.

She laughed at me.

said I have to get a referral from my family doctor

go through a 12 week program

being monitored and attending "classes"

but it's 6-8 month wait list for that!!!!

she snickered when she said that. I then replied I can't wait that long, I'll gain too much, so she said sorry and hung up

SO MUCH FOR FOLLOW UP AND CARING

Leslie W.
on 3/11/21 10:10 pm - Cobourg, Canada

Unfortunately after 5 yrs your file is closed and you need a new referral. first I would ask family doc for a gastroscopy to check out your pouch. If pouch is good then ask for a referral to a dietician to review intake and vitamins. As you wait to get back into to see your surgeon this will help you to progress faster. They will want to see that you have gone back to basis etc..

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Kidbd
on 3/12/21 4:15 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

I know my file is closed. I don't want it opened. I asked for opti fast. I'm not impressed by the attitude of the staff. Also waiting 6-8 months is redundant.

In other words, after 10 years tough luck, you're on your own. Funny thing is, I can buy it elsewhere so I will.

I will file a complaint against the staff also. I was told by the staff 10 years ago that this is ongoing and for my lifetime. Obviously the staff were more empathetic and caring back then. Never had anyone snicker before

THAT is the issue here, not my making sure my vitamins are ok or that I want to see a surgeon.

Leslie W.
on 3/12/21 7:17 pm - Cobourg, Canada

I actually bought Optifast village health. [email protected]. they have a website. was able to get chocolate and vanilla. Bought it last year from them. No issues just emailed them. If you google you can see where you can get it.

You want to make sure you have someone following you. Your GP or Dietician.

Referral: August 2010 Orientation TWH: May 25, 2011  NP: June 8/11, f/u sleep clinic June 7, abd u/s June 14, SW: June 28/11  Nutrition Class: July 5/11, Dietician Aug 09, Psychologist Aug 25 Surgeon Sept 16th Surgery Date: Oct 11/11 HW:287, Opti wt: 260 SW: 242
My Angel is Sheri TK   
Diminishing Dawn
on 3/20/21 9:53 am - Windsor, Canada

That's because they don't just give you optifast. It's a program with dietician and social worker access. It's the "medical" program and there's a very long wait list.

if you want just optifast, you can contact one of the optifast suppliers.

Google "Peter goldfarb"

you can also lose by getting back to your original program. Nutrition with food, instead of shakes.

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

LeslieCL
on 4/21/21 5:03 pm

Your family Dr. Can give you a script for the optifast. I've done it. I went to Optifast website. I phoned them. They said they would fax the requisition to my family Dr. They ok'd it and Optifast delivered. This was 3 years ago.

Referred January 7/17, Orientation Humber May 28/17, Meet Dr. August 4/17, TRIO November 3/17, Internist November 21/17, Surgeon again December 21/17, Pre-op assessment January 4/18 and Surgery January 12/18.

Kidbd
on 4/21/21 5:22 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 01/10/13

Leslie, thank you so much, I will do that right away. I have to lose at least 40

pounds before it gets out of hand! Much appreciated

Most Active
Recent Topics