Mallory
on 10/19/18 3:33 pm
Topic: RE: It's time!!!

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

Mallory
on 9/26/18 9:10 am

The room has been confirmed The exchange will be in Room C. Also known as the games room.

Mallory
on 9/24/18 3:31 pm

Clothing/Book Exchange Event Synopsis
The clothing exchange is a bi-annual event held in May and November for women of all ages and sizes. Comprised mainly out of the plus-sized and weight loss surgery (WLS) communities, the clothing exchange enables larger women to meet and trade/donate items, thereby helping to offset the need to purchase new clothing, especially for those whom have had WLS and are losing weight rapidly.
As plus-size clothing tends to be more expensive, this twice yearly event gives larger women the opportunity to:
a) Recycle clothing that is no longer required or desired,
b) Obtain newer items to update current wardrobe, without the pressure of salespeople,
c) Provide a charitable service to the community by donating unclaimed items at the end of the event,
d) Meet like-minded women and engage in companionship without distractions from regular day to day life.
The Fall 2011 event was the first to incorporate book exchanging as well. Previously a separate event, it was determined that the same communities could meet to exchange books and literature at the same time.
While the event is listed as an "exchange", in actually, there is no onus on anyone to bring clothing or books to "trade". Unlike a true exchange where an item is swapped for another like item, this event focuses more on the 3 R's of a green planet philosophy.
This event has always been free to participants. Water and coffee, if available, is provided and sometimes light refreshments. Participants are welcome to bring healthy snacks to share if they wish, but again, there is no onus on anyone.
This event is alcohol and drug-free. Women are asked to leave children, pets and husbands at home (with the exception of helping drop off or pick up bags) to enable privacy for the women who wish to try on clothing. Women are also asked to only bring CLEAN ITEMS IN GOOD REPAIR.
Past events have proven to be well attended with the average number being around 20 women. This event was held annually but has since grown to bi-annually due to demand. Past donations have ranged from 3 to 32 large bags of clothing at the completion of event.

Mallory
on 9/24/18 3:29 pm

It's that time again ladies!!!

November 4, 2018. 1pm to 5 pm.

East York Community Recreational Centre 1081 1/2 Pape Avenue, Toronto, ON, Toronto, Ontario M4K 3W8

Anything not claimed will be donated to a local charity. Open to all ladies wishing to exchange clothing, accessories, shoes, handbags, books, etc...

Water will be provided. Feel free to bring healthy snacks to share, if you wish.

Please remember that this is an adult event where ladies will be trying on clothes. As such, I must insist that children, pets and husbands be left at home.

We have had great turnouts at previous exchanges. Nobody goes home empty-handed and we always donate many bags of clothing to a local charity!

Hope to see you all there!

Anyone needing my cellular number, PM me.

Mallory
on 5/7/18 4:14 pm
Topic: RE: Spring 2018 Clothing Exchange

The next exchange will be Nov. 4th in Toronto.

Mallory
on 5/7/18 8:45 am

You are most welcome! Thank you for coming out and joining us! Was a pleasure to meet you and your friend!

Mallory
on 5/6/18 2:53 pm
Thanks again to all the ladies who came out. Special thanks to Dee, for arranging the free studio space! We were few in numbers, but OMG the clothes!!! The horror!!! :D We donated 17 bags and 1 box of clothes, shoes, and accessories to the Ellen Osler Home! Mark your calendars for November 4th, 2018 for the next exchange which will be in Toronto!

Mallory
on 5/5/18 7:56 am

Hey Ladies!

We will be having the exchange in a different studio space on the main floor. It's not quite as big as our usual studio but still plenty big enough for our stuff! Take the elevator up to Level 2 and it will be the room on the direct left (Studio 1) of where you exit.

Mallory
on 5/4/18 9:43 am
Topic: RE: Let's talk menastration......

If you are having AUB (abnormal uterine bleeding), I would ask your OB/GYN to do an endometrial ablation. This is where they cauterize the uterine lining, which lessens or even stops menstruation. I had one in 2002, didn't have menses for over a decade and now I get very light ones. I still have a Mirena and it has given me no issues.

Something to think about if your menses are so heavy and irregular.

Mallory
on 5/4/18 9:37 am

2 MORE SLEEPS!!!

Mallory
on 4/28/18 10:57 am

Mallory
on 4/22/18 6:27 am

Come for 1. There is always ladies to help.

Mallory
on 4/21/18 4:57 pm

The clothing exchange is a bi-annual event held in May and November for women of all ages and sizes. Comprised mainly out of the plus-sized and weight loss surgery (WLS) communities, the clothing exchange enables larger women to meet and trade/donate items, thereby helping to offset the need to purchase new clothing, especially for those whom have had WLS and are losing weight rapidly.
As plus-size clothing tends to be more expensive, this twice yearly event gives larger women the opportunity to:
b) Obtain newer items to update current wardrobe, without the pressure of salespeople,
c) Provide a charitable service to the community by donating unclaimed items at the end of the event,
d) Meet like-minded women and engage in companionship without distractions from regular day to day life.
The Fall 2011 event was the first to incorporate book exchanging as well. Previously a separate event, it was determined that the same communities could meet to exchange books and literature at the same time.
While the event is listed as an "exchange", in actually, there is no onus on anyone to bring clothing or books to "trade". Unlike a true exchange where an item is swapped for another like item, this event focuses more on the 3 R's of a green planet philosophy.
This event has always been free to participants. Water and coffee, if available, is provided and sometimes light refreshments. Participants are welcome to bring healthy snacks to share if they wish, but again, there is no onus on anyone.
This event is alcohol and drug-free. Women are asked to leave children, pets and husbands at home (with the exception of helping drop off or pick up bags) to enable privacy for the women who wish to try on clothing. Women are also asked to only bring clean items in good repair.
Past events have proven to be well attended with the average number being around 20 women. This event was held annually but has since grown to bi-annually due to demand. Past donations have ranged from 3 to 32 large bags of clothing at the completion of event.

Mallory
on 4/21/18 4:55 pm, edited 4/21/18 4:56 pm

It's that time again ladies!!!

May 6, 2018. 1pm to 5 pm.

Dundas Valley School of Art 21 Ogilvie Street, Dundas, Ontario L9H 2S1

Anything not claimed will be donated to a local charity. Open to all ladies wishing to exchange clothing, accessories, shoes, handbags, books, etc...

Water will be provided. Feel free to bring healthy snacks to share, if you wish.

Please remember that this is an adult event where ladies will be trying on clothes. As such, I must insist that children, pets and husbands be left at home.

We have had great turnouts at previous exchanges. Nobody goes home empty-handed and we always donate many bags of clothing to a local charity!

Hope to see you all there!

Anyone needing my cellular number, PM me.

Mallory
on 11/5/17 3:00 pm
Topic: RE: Fall 2017 Clothing Exchange
Thank you to all the ladies who made the effort to come to the exchange in spite of the crappy weather! It was a low-key celebration with only 3 bags to donate at the end of it all, but still better than a kick in the head!!! Congratulations to Lynn P, Vicky A, and Rebecca D on winning the 3 door prizes! Many thanks to Erin K for helping out. She knows why. Mark your calendars for May 6th, 2018, when the next exchange will be held!

Mallory
on 11/2/17 11:46 pm

A reminder for those who have attended in the past and 411 for all the new faces I'm seeing: Please bring only clean clothing in good repair. Be reminded that this is a women's only event. No children, pets or husbands allowed. No exceptions. This is also an alcohol and drug-free event.

Mallory
on 11/1/17 5:20 pm

4 more sleeps!

Mallory
on 10/23/17 1:35 pm, edited 10/23/17 6:36 am

Door prizes are as follows:

3rd prize: $25 Cineplex card

2nd prize: $50 Pre-paid Mastercard

Grand Prize: $100 Pre-paid Mastercard

You will need to be there to win one of the prizes!!!

Mallory
on 10/18/17 8:09 am, edited 10/18/17 1:09 am

The venue has been set! East York Community Rec Centre on Pape just South of O'Connor in Game Room 2!

1081 1/2 Pape Ave, East York, ON M4K 3W4

TTC accessible, ample parking!

Mallory
on 9/25/17 7:36 am

I will confirm the location later this week or next. It's probably going to be the East York Community Centre on Pape.

Mallory
on 9/24/17 10:51 am

I usually hold the Spring Exchange in Dundas. There are several ladies that come to the Toronto one as well. You might try posting on the FB event for a carpool.

Mallory
on 9/23/17 12:47 pm
Topic: RE: 3X and 4X Clothes Free (Toronto/Scarborough)

Got your message and will text you tomorrow!

Mallory
on 9/23/17 12:40 pm
Topic: RE: 3X and 4X Clothes Free (Toronto/Scarborough)

Will gladly take them off your hands. I can pick up tomorrow.

Mallory
on 9/23/17 10:22 am

Please add yourselves to the Facebook invitation here: https://www.facebook.com/events/265122190647843/

Mallory
on 9/23/17 10:21 am

This event is alcohol and drug-free. Women are asked to leave children, pets and husbands at home (with the exception of helping drop off or pick up bags) to enable privacy for the women who wish to try on clothing. Women are also asked to only bring clean items in good repair.
Past events have proven to be well attended with the average number being around 20 women. This event was held annually but has since grown to bi-annually due to demand. Past donations have ranged from 8 to 32 large bags of clothing at the completion of event.

Most Active
Recent Topics