Mallory’s Posts

Mallory
on 9/23/17 10:20 am
Topic: RE: Fall 2017 Clothing Exchange

It's that time again ladies!!!

November 5, 2017. 1pm to 5 pm.

To be confirmed but in Toronto East End.

Anything not claimed will be donated to a local charity. Open to all ladies wishing to exchange clothing, accessories, shoes, handbags, books, etc...

Water will be provided. Feel free to bring healthy snacks to share, if you wish.

Please remember that this is an adult event where ladies will be trying on clothes. As such, I must insist that children, pets and husbands be left at home.

We have had great turnouts at previous exchanges. Nobody goes home empty-handed and we always donate many bags of clothing to a local charity!

Hope to see you all there!

Anyone needing my cellular number, PM me.

Additionally, as this is the 15th year that I've had the privilege of hosting these exchanges, there will be a celebration with a few door prizes including a Grand Prize. And there will be cake!

~ Harshing On Grooves Since 1967

~ Acting My Shoe Size Since 1984

Mallory
on 5/8/17 7:56 am
Topic: RE: Spring 2017 Clothing Exchange!

Mark your calendars for November 5, 2017 for the Fall Exchange! It will be the 15 year anniversary since I started having exchanges, so there will be several surprises!!!

Mallory
on 5/7/17 4:50 pm

Many thanks to all the ladies who came out and made this a great exchange! Was wonderful to meet some new faces and see some of our "regulars". We donated 10 bags of clothes, shoes & accessories to Ellen Osler Memorial House in Dundas!!!

Mallory
on 5/7/17 4:38 am

Today's the day! Hope to see you there!

Mallory
on 5/4/17 11:08 am

3 more sleeps!!!

Mallory
on 5/1/17 8:30 am

Just a reminder that we do always set aside a small area for items you just can't part with for free. Also, jewelry makers, feel free to bring your wares.

Mallory
on 4/30/17 4:52 pm

Yes it is!!! Hope to see you there!

Mallory
on 4/25/17 8:52 am

Bumping!!!

Mallory
on 4/23/17 12:47 pm

I look forward to meeting you both! :)

Mallory
on 4/23/17 11:16 am

Wonderful! How old is your daughter?

Mallory
on 4/21/17 6:49 am

I will PM you my cell number. When you arrive, call me and help will come!

Mallory
on 4/20/17 8:00 pm

Bagged up is fine. Everyone helps open up and sort. We usually sort by item, not size. If there are things that should be hung up, feel free to bring hangers and we'll find a place for them.

I'm not sure about what kind of help you would need being a fresh post-op or on weight restriction, unless you are concerned about taking smaller sizes. In that case, you are welcome to take whatever you think you might need down the line.

We're pretty easy-going. If you have further questions, please post or message me and I'll do my best to answer! :D

Mallory
on 4/20/17 5:49 pm, edited 4/20/17 10:50 am

Clothing/Book Exchange Event Synopsis

The clothing exchange is a bi-annual event held in May and November for women of all ages and sizes.

Comprised mainly out of the plus-sized and weight loss surgery (WLS) communities, the clothing exchange enables larger women to meet and trade/donate items, thereby helping to offset the need to purchase new clothing, especially for those whom have had WLS and are losing weight rapidly.

As plus-size clothing tends to be more expensive, this twice yearly event gives larger women the opportunity to:
a) Recycle clothing that is no longer required or desired,
b) Obtain newer items to update current wardrobe, without the pressure of salespeople,
c) Provide a charitable service to the community by donating unclaimed items at the end of the event,
d) Meet like-minded women and engage in companionship without distractions from regular day to day life.
The Fall 2011 event was the first to incorporate book exchanging as well. Previously a separate event, it was determined that the same communities could meet to exchange books and literature at the same time.
While the event is listed as an "exchange", in actually, there is no onus on anyone to bring clothing or books to "trade". Unlike a true exchange where an item is swapped for another like item, this event focuses more on the 3 R's of a green planet philosophy.

This event has always been free to participants. Water and coffee, if available, is provided and sometimes light refreshments. Participants are welcome to bring healthy snacks to share if they wish, but again, there is no onus on anyone.

This event is alcohol and drug-free. Women are asked to leave children, pets and husbands at home (with the exception of helping drop off or pick up bags) to enable privacy for the women who wish to try on clothing. Women are also asked to only bring clean items in good repair.

Past events have proven to be well attended with the average number being around 20 women. This event was held annually but has since grown to bi-annually due to demand. Past donations have ranged from 8 to 32 large bags of clothing at the completion of event.

Mallory
on 4/20/17 5:48 pm

It's that time again ladies!!!

May 7th, 2017. 1pm to 5 pm.

Dundas Valley School of Art. 21 Ogilvie Street, Dundas, Ontario L9H 2S1

Anything not claimed will be donated to a local charity. Open to all ladies wishing to exchange clothing, accessories, shoes, handbags, books, etc...

Water will be provided. Feel free to bring healthy snacks to share, if you wish.

Please remember that this is an adult event where ladies will be trying on clothes. As such, I must insist that children, pets and husbands be left at home.

We have had great turnouts at previous exchanges. Nobody goes home empty-handed and we always donate many bags of clothing to a local charity!

Hope to see you all there!

Anyone needing my cellular number, PM me.

Mallory
on 11/21/16 8:42 am
Topic: RE: Fall 2016 Clothing Exchange

It was wonderful to meet you and Rachelle as well!  You guys are so cute!!!  I'm so happy you found us and welcome your addition to our fun group of clothing rummagers!

Mallory
on 11/21/16 8:28 am

Thank you to all the ladies who made the effort to come out yesterday. We had a lot of fun "shopping" for new to us items and donated 20 bags of clothing to charity when we were done! Was great to see some new faces and make some new friends!

Mark your calendars for May 7, 2017 for the Spring exchange!

Mallory
on 11/18/16 4:25 pm

2 more sleeps!

Mallory
on 11/16/16 9:38 pm
Topic: RE: How do you sleep post op

I got a lazyboy to sleep in.  Worked out great.

Mallory
on 11/16/16 9:36 pm

bump!

Mallory
on 11/13/16 8:50 pm

EDIT:  The clothes I'm receiving are sizes 16 to 2X.  Sorry for the misinformation.

Mallory
on 11/13/16 8:48 pm

EDIT:  The clothes I'm getting are sizes 16 to 2X apparently.  Sorry for the misinformation.

Mallory
on 11/13/16 8:18 am

Come whenever you can during the time frame, earlier is better, but not before 1 or you'll be waiting with me for the room to be free.  You don't need to pre-sort as we all sort as they come in by shirts, pants, etc... 

All types of clothing are welcome as long as they are clean and in good repair.

Looking forward to meeting you, if you have any questions, feel free to ask here or message me.

Mallory
on 11/13/16 8:15 am

I more week!!!

I've received an influx of 8 large bags of clothes, sizes 3 and 4x, many new with tags still on them!

Mallory
on 10/13/16 6:32 pm

Fantastic!  Hope to see you there!

Mallory

Mallory
on 10/13/16 6:32 pm

Yes, it has been held out in Dundas on occasion when I can't get a room in Toronto.

There are several ladies that come from Hamilton and even farther to attend.  You might be able to carpool with someone.

Hope to see you there!

Mallory

Most Active
Recent Topics