calming down

smck_52
on 3/28/11 2:47 pm
Breathe! I am glad to hear that a few mistakes are not gonna flub the whole deal. I took an iron pill which I think was meant for after surgery, cuz I had diarea. OOPS! My protein powder was supposed to be delivered Friday past, so I trying to get my protein other ways. I have chicken and eggs. I guess I am thinking the worst, like can the dr tell when he opens me up that I didn't have the proper supplements.PSSH! Silly huh? Good news though so far I have not headache from not drinking diet coke. I am not really hungry either, just irritable, and sleepy. So yea I am writing a log to try and keep it all straight. THis one 2x a day that one 3x and another every other day. water water water.. I live in a small town and not alot going on.I do have a TOPS club I go to each week. I tell them about whats going on, they are supportive. None have had WLS so I guess ya stuck with me and my quirks for the duration. Thank you all and God Bless Sharon
smck_52
poegirl100
on 3/29/11 1:55 am - Cibolo, TX
Hi Sharon,

You are doing your pre-op diet, right?  Let me tell you something that really helped me.  Go to your pharmacy and ask them for a product called "Ketostix".  They are little strips that measure the amount of ketones in your urine.  They are with the diabetes supplies.

Once you get into ketosis, you are in a fat burning state.  During the pre-op diet, the first 2 or 3 days are really tough, but then you get into ketosis and it gets a LOT easier.  Everytime I got discouraged or upset, I would go pee on a stick, and when it turned purple I felt better.  I at least knew I was buring fat!

I live in small town, too.  I understand about there not being a lot of distractions.  But you always have us!

You can do it, girl!

Vickie

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 3/29/11 4:39 am
Sharon....glad to hear you are calming down....sit back and relax....worrying has never helped anything!!

You will do great. Hope your Protein gets there soon. If that is what he wants you on you need it. Those doctors can tell if we are following their advice. They take blood work and that tells them plenty. They can also tell by the size of your liver.

Good luck!!

Hugs....connie d
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 3/29/11 4:06 pm - Green Valley, AZ
HI Sharon, Glad to be your friend!  Mag  

Judy G.
on 3/30/11 1:03 am, edited 3/30/11 1:03 am - Galion, OH

See you are doing better!!!! Hang in there!!! :-)

HUGS

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 392 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1196 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1205 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1136 views