Soooooooooooo....saturday whats new????

Margo M.
on 4/29/11 9:24 pm - Elyria, OH
post away....................
i'm feeling better-going to work...then homework all weekend

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

susandoeshair
on 4/29/11 9:59 pm - Alexander, AR
Good morning Margo and my OFFer friends.

I'm sitting at the hotel in Nashville waiting for the shuttle to take me to the finish line at the Music City Marathon. Gary, Jeff and Tess are running, and its a beautiful day for it! Last night we went to an Ethiopian restaurant for dinner. It's a place the kids really wanted us to try, and it was very good, different for sure,but good. Gary will be fine when he finishes as he's done really well with his training, but this is the kids first 1/2 marathon and they weren't so diligent about preparing. But they are determined to finish, even if they have to walk across the finish line. If they do, that's ok!

Ok...off to shower and get going. Hope you all have a great day!

Susan

Monica B.
on 4/29/11 11:46 pm - Emery, SD
Oh have a super day Gary and kids and you Sue. Safe passage to you and yours.

Patricia R.
on 4/29/11 10:09 pm - Perry, MI
Good Morning Everyone,
I am getting ready to head to the podiatrist for a follow up on my surgery.  Then, my son is coming in from New York to take me to the Phillies game as an early Mothers Day present. 

Have a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish
Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

ohwegoblues
on 4/29/11 10:29 pm - NY
Monica B.
on 4/29/11 11:48 pm - Emery, SD
I know you will have a super day together, go Phillies. Feel foot better!!

obxlady
on 4/29/11 10:38 pm
Happy Saturday everyone!!  So much going on....both good & bad.  DH & I took on a news route to fill our days after retirement and we enjoy it so much.  Every morning we see something that either amazes us or brings us humor.  Animals, people, etc.  Not a job that you can support a family on but something to bring in a little extra and something to look forward to everyday.  OH, back to my point of the good & bad.....lol.  I was reading the paper (VA paper) this morning at the end of our route and the front page had the beautiful wedding photo of William & Kate with a detailed story following inside the paper.  I was all up reading every word although I did watch the wedding yesterday on T.V.  The very next page I turned to had a photo of what looked like a war zone.  It was a photo of the aftermath of Alabama that was recently hit by the tornado.  I went from feeling all warm, happy and bubbly after reading the wedding news to crying tears of sadness while reading the devastating news of the loss these poor people are facing.  I'll never understand it all but then it's not for me/us to understand.  When my little girl, Amy Lynn, died @ the age of 27 months old of heart disease, I went into deep depression, ended up in the hospital with a nervous breakdown and had awesome family/friend/medical team support but no one could reach me.  I  was angry @ God.  Yes, He could have struck me down but the God I love doesn't work that way.  One day, my husband and oldest daughter went to church and I stayed home.  Didn't want any part of church/God.  I was too mad!!  While being there alone, I begin to straighten up the kitchen and one of Amy's bottles fell from the cabinet to the counter top.  Now, my best friend and husband & daughter cleaned out every crook & cranny of our home and packed everything away so I wouldn't have to face it.  Months before this particular day so where in the world did ht at little bottle come from??!!  I fell to the floor in my kitchen, clutching that bottle, crying my heart out asking God "Why??!!!  Why would take such a precious little baby girl instead of healing her?  He whispered to me that "He wanted Amy to know the love of a  Mother's arms before He took her home and He chose me to be her Mommy".  Amy was abandoned @ birth because of her heart disease.  We were on the waiting list for adoption because I was barren.  We brought Amy Lynn home when she was released @ 10 months old. 

Ok, now I have NO idea why I've shared this with you all.  It was not my intention to type this but it just flowed out onto the keyboard so I'm going to leave it, maybe there's a reason?  We never know.

Thanks for listening.
Cindy
Monica B.
on 4/29/11 11:59 pm - Emery, SD
Thank you for having the courage to share your loss and rebirth in Gods arms with us. I believe God whispers to us often, but we can't hear him with the NOISE we are making in our hearts and heads. From what you say it is very evident that God had a plan for you and Amy and family. She needed to be rescued into a family that could handle her disease and give her the best life while walking the earth, preparing her for her journey on the next path in death. Learning to find the joy and celebration in a life lived is hard when we are so mortally hurt by their loss. Knowing that they are in Gods arms helps US to go on. That is my belief.

Nancy H.
on 4/30/11 12:36 am - Traverse City, MI
Cindy, my heart breaks for you, losing a child. I have lost 3 sisters. I know it's not the same , but I still feel the anger too. The first one died in a terrible accident when she was 5. I was babysitting. The other 2 died when they were each 35, years apart. They had the same kind of cancer that I survived. Why did they have to die & not me. I also had, & stil have survior's guilt.
No one knows why some are called home & some of us are still here. I have a list of questions for God, but I try not to let it get to me.

As for the paper route I did that for a fre years. I loved it. Unless you have done something similer you can't understand. Have a great day!!!!
Nan
Laureen S.
on 5/2/11 1:05 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Cindy,

What a sad, yet triumpht story and perhaps you needed to share this in order to keep moving forward, I've heard it said, that obese people have lots of unshed tears and sadness deep inside and that accounts for the comfort/addictive aspect of our eating. . .  perhaps now that you've lost weight, it is resurfacing, but whatever it is, I love that you heard the voice telling you that you were there to fulfill a deep need in your adopted daughter and that when her time came, she had known the love of a family, you are indeed a special person and I thank you for sharing your heartfelt sorrow with us here.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views