HERE I IS!!

smck_52
on 6/27/11 1:14 pm
I HAVE BEEN HOUSE SITTING AND THE COMPUTER THERE HAS LOCKS OF SOME KIND I COULDN'T GET ON THE OH SITE????
SO HELLO AND HOPE ALL IS WELL. I GOT SPOILED WITH AIR AND TV AND SUCH... I HAVE A SWAMP COOLER AND IT IS NOT HELPFUL WITH OVER 100 DEGREES. ugh!
OK TO CLEAR THINGS UP FROM WHERE I LEFT OFF. I DID NOT MEAN TO OFFEND ANYONE BY IMPLYING TO BE ON COMPUTER all DAY. I AM SORRY FOR ANY MISUNDERSTANDING. ITS MY TIME ZONE, I WAS SAYING YOU ALL MAY HAVE THE SAME TIME ZONE TO BE ON AT ABOUT THE SAME TIMES.
I HAD TO UP MY PROTEIN LEVELS AND HAVE TO ADD B-COMPLEX AND DRY VITAMIN D. THAT WAS WHAT MY BLOOD LEVELS SHOWED. MY DOC WAS NOT HAPPY WITH MY PROTEIN SO LOW.
SO I AM WORKING ON THAT.
SO GOTTA GO GET MORE PROTEIN
HAVE A GOOD WEEK
TAKE CARE
SHARON
smck_52
Judy G.
on 6/27/11 1:40 pm - Galion, OH

Hey Sharon!!! HI!!! So your protein levels are low huh...wow!!! Understand though as I have been there also at one time! Do you like cottage cheese? I used that to help get in more protein and also Pure Protein shakes helped me alot there also. Shrimp and fish are another good protein. You can also get Any Whey protein that you can mix in hot or cold food and drinks to get more protein in. It has NO taste at all. If you have a GNC store near you that is where I found it.

HUGS

poegirl100
on 6/27/11 1:53 pm - Cibolo, TX
Hi Sharon!  Glad to see you here again.  Just FYI, there are days when I am on the computer all day long, so I didn't think a thing about your question.  And also, when I first started on this thread, I was a little intimidated by all the very obvious long-term and deep friendships enjoyed by many of our people here.  I thought, "Will they ever let me in?"  Of course, they did, but it's a little scary at first.  Sort of like being the new kid in school.

I'm still working on my protein, too, but making definite progress.  I didn't want to, but now I drink a protein drink daily.  I like Pro Joe by Bariatric Advantage.  20 g of protein in a 9 oz serving.  I try to get 20 g of protein in at breakfast, and then, after my Pro Joe drink at mid-day, I know I'm at least halfway there every day.

And Judy is right about the cottage cheese and shrimp.  Both easy to get down and lots of protein.  I like egg whites whipped up into a meringue, too. 

Keep posting!  I've missed you!

Vickie 

karen C.
on 6/27/11 9:26 pm - Kennewick, WA

Sharon,

Don't worry about it. It's hard to "read between the lines" and difficult to interpret what someone says. We all have days where we're a bit thin skinned or when we think someone means something that they do not.

Also, I sure hope that no one feels left out. Many of us have been here for years (7 for me). Deep friendships are formed and sometimes a comment is made that has to do with "history" from long termers. I never intentionally mean to leave anyone out. The way to become "one of us" is to post, share your ups and downs, let us get to know you and you us. Before you know it, as I hope YOU have, you become one of the group and become more comfortable.

Lurking silently gives a person a lot of valuable information but it certainly doesn't make one a part of this group in more than a casual way. Hope no one misreads that as we all "read and run" on some days!

I still drink a protein shake most mornings. I also take "Tender D 3-5" from vitalady.com. I really like it. They are little capsules which dissolve almost instantly. B12 sublingual is also an important daily supplement for me. Sounds like you're getting things figured out to give your body what it needs. Way to go!!

Karen C

Connie D.
on 6/28/11 2:48 am
Karen...what is Tender D 3-5 ????? 

Thanks...hugs...connie d
karen C.
on 6/28/11 7:37 am - Kennewick, WA
Connie, It's a vitamin D supplement from Vitalady.com. I started using it about a year ago. It consists of D3-5 and is in a small water soluble capsule. Absolutely no taste and dissolves almost instantly. I live in a desert area of Washington state with lots of summer heat and sunshine. However, in August last year when I had bloodwork done my D levels were just "low normal." I upped my D with this supplement. I've been consistent with it and eagerly await my yearly test.

Karen C

Connie D.
on 6/28/11 2:57 am
 Hello Sharon...glad to see you back.

Try to remember to always eat protein at your meals first...then veggies etc. I also occasionally have a protein drink . If I need quick protein I will sometimes have a Pure Protein Bar. I try to get most of my protein from meat, poultry and fish or cheese and cottage cheese. My surgeon said cottage cheese is good but not to eat too much because it is what they call a slider food....it goes through your system too quickly so you can't absorb all the protein.

I must be doing something right because my levels are consistantly always good.

Good luck....you can do it!!

Hugs....connie d

Monica B.
on 6/28/11 7:25 am - Emery, SD
Hey Sharon, wow you are on an adventure. Good to hear from you. How much longer will you be roughing it. Stay well and up the protein. Hugs, Monica

Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 6/28/11 11:42 am - Green Valley, AZ
Hi Dearie,

I've missed you while you were at your friends. July 6th I'm going to the dentist in Sierra Vista at noon and should be done by or before 2. I hope we can meet some where and have a late lunch and some "girl time." How does that sound? Got your PM and will respond later today or tonight. It's just not much of a computer day for me. Sometimes I'm very talkative and other times not so much.

love ya,     Mag     

Laureen S.
on 6/29/11 4:48 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Hi Sharon,

Good to see you here, everyone gave you good advice for getting your protein in. . .  I remember well when I first found this site and was intimidated by those that had been here a long time, but it was not long before I felt like I belonged and I've stayed around for almost 4 years because I like to keep myself connected to some that still are here and more so for those that come aboard and need a little reassurance as I once did.  I also find that newbies give me that fire by reminding me of what hoops we have to go through to get here and then what things we need to continue to do to stay healthy and on track, even as time goes by and we sometimes take a detour. 

On the downside, this arena is tough sometimes because there is no voice or inflection to go with the written word and since many of us don't really know one another's personalities, occasionally someone's sensitivities are touched without it really being meant, but mostly I believe it is just because people want to give their voice to the post and most of us are good natured enough to realize and clear things up if need be, those that aren't usually disappear and perhaps they lurk, but all are a welcome part of what is truly a community spirit of caring about one another's well being and whether or not we ever meet one another, we all seem to connect on this board. 

All in good time, you will feel like you've been here forever. . .

Warm wishes, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1202 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views