It's Friday Ladies! TGIF

cindibarre
on 10/27/11 10:14 pm - Danforth, ME
Good Morning OFF-

Just a quick hello and then I'll wrangle the cat in the car to continue my journey southwest.  I'm anxious to get to Texas and settle back into a routine.  It's the beginning on the food season of hell with Halloween and Peeps are beckoning to me.

Good visit with my PCP this week.  I'm officially off of BP and cholesterol meds.  Lowered my thyroid meds and I have lowered my antidepressant to reduce the nightmares.  Had a wonderful visit with my BFF.  We hiked a trail at the wildlife refuge and I never had to stop to breath or rest.  Felt really great!

Food has been tempting me this week tho.  I'm in an emotional place with fear of the unknown so the head hunger is there.  Couple that with driving and I want to eat my way to Texas!  Something I know I can't do or want to do.  Just struggling a bit at the moment.

Hope everyone is well and getting the help they need.

Cindi

HW - 351 SW 0 342  SurgW - 298!  1st. Seminar July 2010 Surgery  August 1, 2011  
Nancy H.
on 10/27/11 10:24 pm - Traverse City, MI
Good morning Cindi & all. Have a safe trip Cindi. We are headed back to Mich tomorrow.

Well I had a surprise last night. My sons x wife threw me a surprise birthday party. All the kids too. She made a great dinner, cake I the kids made e cards & gifts. My son & her are still good friends & the best co-parents.
I also got a wonderful gift of a beautiful apron, bookmark, grape jam. You know who you are, thank you! Have a great day all!!!
Nan
Patricia R.
on 10/27/11 10:40 pm - Perry, MI
 Happy Birthday Nancy.  What date is your special day?  Mine is Tuesday next week.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Nancy H.
on 10/27/11 11:32 pm - Traverse City, MI
Hi Trish, my birthday was yesterday.We don't usually celebrate, but the kids were awesome. I sure am going to miss them!!!!
Laureen S.
on 10/27/11 11:10 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Nancy,

So nice to read about your surprise party and that you had a celebration with the kids and family, nice that they co-parent well and are good friends, that is so like my older daughter and her ex, certainly makes things better for the children that way. . .

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Connie D.
on 10/28/11 3:58 am
 Nan...I am so happy they threw you a birthday party...you so deserved it!!!   

I have a good idea who the special gifts were from...someone very dear to all of us...a real blessing in my life!!

Love and many hugs....connie d

Patricia R.
on 10/27/11 10:37 pm - Perry, MI
 Good Morning Cindi and OFF Family,
I am right there with you with the head hunger today, Cindi.  I do okay for a day, or two, and then slide back in.  My slipping is not as bad as it could be, but I have not been squeaky clean for a month, since 2007.  

I got my stitches out yesterday, and got my car back.  I am so grateful to be able to drive myself anywhere my little heart desires.  

So, today, I will be hitting an AA meeting, and going to the craft store to return two skeins of yarn, and buy some more for the bedspread I am making my grannddaughter,  That yarn is on sale this week.  

I am in the middle of a good book.  I think it's called In a Heartbeat, and is by Sesn and Leigh Ann Tuohy, about the family on the movie, The Blind Side, about how threy adopted the African American honeless boy who went on to play football for the Baltimore Ravens,  Well, I was up until 2:00 this morning reading it.  It is inspirational to me.  The focus is on cheerful giving.

I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Eileen Briesch
on 10/28/11 10:48 am - Evansville, IN
I have that book, too, Trish. Did you read Michael Oher's book? Very good.

I am reading a book by my favorite historian, Allison Weir (she writes about English history). This one's about Mary Boleyn (as in The Other Boleyn Girl). She is disputing a lot of things in the fictional account. Very interesting.

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Patricia R.
on 10/28/11 10:57 am - Perry, MI
 Yes, I did read Michael Oher's book first.  Very sad childhood.  I belong to a Christian book club, and get great books cheap.  I enjoy biographical type books about interesting people.

Albert Schweitzer

Laureen S.
on 10/27/11 11:19 pm - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Cindi, OFFr Friends,

I wish you safe travels and just think of all that you've accomplished in the past year and hopefully that will put those food demons to rest.   Here you are off BP and cholesterol meds and everything else is being reduced, hoping that you can enjoy the trip, it is a beautiful time of year to make such a drive.

As for me, it's my favorite workday of the work week, FRIDAY!!!  Woot Woot!!!  Nothing exciting going on here today, just end of month organizing of receipts and such, maybe an AA meeting at lunch, though not sure as I have an issue with one of my tires (or more), almost hate those little lights that come on the dash that tell you this or that, it should say which tire, not just light up.  I stopped on my way this morning and one tire is supposed over inflated according to the thigamagiggie that you use to gauge tires and with no one to really ask, I just went on my way, had to get to work, said a prayer I'd get there and later home safely, tomorrow I will take the car to Pep Boys where I bought the tires and have them look at 'em, grrrrrrrh. . .  anyway, I will have company on my way home this evening as my sponsee is coming home with me for the weekend, she lives in a halfway house here in Delaware; we have some step work to go over and we will make a couple of meetings and hang out, then I will bring her home on Sunday.  Otherwise, nothing too out of the ordinary for me this week.

Hope you all have a good day and for those of you with pressing and challenging life situations, I wish you peace and strength.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views