Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce

Pat R.
on 11/3/11 1:16 am, edited 11/3/11 1:18 am - Sturgis, MI

With the holidays fast approaching, thought you might like this recipe.....It's from BariatricEating.com --- her recipes are the absolute best!!!

Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce

1 jar Smucker's Sugar Free Preserves, any flavor
    your choice

1 - 12 oz. bag of whole fresh cranberries

1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 cup of granular splenda

Empty the preserves into a heavy saucepan and cook over medium low heat for 3 to 4 minutes until they are softened and melted.  Add the cranberries and cinnamon, stirring constantly while mixture comes to a boil over med.high heat.  Coo****il berries begin to pop.  Reduce heat and simmer for 15 -20 minutes until sauce is glossy and thick, crushing berries against the side of the pot with your wooden spoon.  Stir in splenda and cook 5 minutes more.  Remove from heat and cool.  Transfer to a covered bowl and chill until ready to serve.  Makes 2 cups.

2 Tbsp. serving:  10 calories, 0 fat, 4.5 gm. carb, 1 gm. protein.

Laureen S.
on 11/3/11 1:19 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Thanks Pat, someone recently was looking for such a recipe, just can't remember if it was on here or the PA forum. . .  oh well. . .  if you search for it, you will find it. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dwpersel
on 11/3/11 5:20 am - Fredericksburg, VA
Can you imagine if you used the sugar free marmalade! Yum!
Connie D.
on 11/3/11 12:22 pm
Pat....thanks so much....this recipe is exactly what I was looking for for Thanksgiving!! I copied it and filed it with the rest of my recipes.

Hugs....connie d
ShirleyG
on 11/3/11 10:23 pm - HALFWAY BETWEEN ATLANTA AND BHAM , AL
Thanks Pat ,,,sounds wonderful.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 398 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1200 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views