Surfing Sunday-What's Up All?

Monica B.
on 11/19/11 7:58 pm - Emery, SD
Grabbing coffee....post away, be right back.

Monica B.
on 11/19/11 8:16 pm - Emery, SD
Morning all, sober 385 days and so proud of me. Clear and lovely here, could hit 87.
No big plans for today, our Giants don't play until tonight and the Patriots play tomorrow night.
Yoda's new hair cut is so cute. He just got up and is playing with his toys. Oh he is a cuddle dog.
Hope all have a lovely Sunday. What you all doing for Thanksgiving? We will attend a party/dinner at the campground. Hubby will be happy cause we get to bring home some turkey for the late night snack.
Peace and happy day, Monica

Connie D.
on 11/20/11 12:43 am
Good morning Monica and everyone......

I am driving up to Minneapolis on Tuesday to pick up my granddaughter Kyleigh. She will stay for a week or so with us.
I didn't want her alone for the holiday. We aren't really planning much for Thanksgiving. Grace and Nic will be in Kansas with their dad over Thanksgiving. I might get a small turkey and make some stuffing and such but not a huge meal. My daughter Carrie doesn't have the kids this year on the holiday. Amanda and Lucas will be with their dad in Wisconsin. Carrie works Friday so they are not planning anything either.

I plan on watching movies and reading all day. Sounds wonderful to me.  My heart is still heavy. One of these days I will explain it all.

Have a great Sunday!!  Prayers for those in need.

Love and hugs to all....connie d

poegirl100
on 11/20/11 1:25 am - Cibolo, TX
Prayers for you sweet Connie!  I hope your heavy heart will lighten again soon!

Vic
cindibarre
on 11/19/11 10:43 pm - Danforth, ME
Good Morning Monica and OFF Ladies-

Monica - I'm running out of ways to say way to go girl on the sobriety, so I'm just going to say Way to Go Girl!

Today is my day off from volunteering.  I'm enjoying this new Refuge it's definately a change and different.  The Visitor Center is brand new and has won awards for energy efficiency.  All the displays are new and interactive.  Watched the magic yesterday when we had several young people come in and use the displays!

I'm off to the big city to get some groceries.  On Wednesday I'm going to drive south to spend Thanksgiving with my Texas family.  I'm bringing the sweet potatoes, planning to cook and casserole during the evenings before I leave so they just have to be warmed up when I get there.

This past week has been a challenge to get used to working again and still work in an exercise routine.  Also the first week was extremely slow as the people I'm going to be working with were away at training. Boredom breeds head hunger!  Yesterday for the first time I went prepared for boredom with my library book and knitting.  Don't you know that I was busy!  Oh well it's adjustment time.

Positive vibes to everyone who needs it.  Enjoy your Sunday.

Cindi
Jo W.
on 11/19/11 11:02 pm, edited 11/19/11 11:03 pm - Owosso, MI
Good morning OFF
Quiet cold Morning here in Michigan.   I am not ready for cold!  I frost my toes when I go out in sandals! 
We have a young lady  staying here this weekend  hiding from an abusive boyfriend.  She is taking tomorrows bus to grammas in Florida to marrow.  Its good to see her excited about the visit and leaving the abuser  instead of mourning the end of the relationship  and wanting to go back to the evildoer.  
I just want to wish  everyone a restful Sunday
Prayers going up for all facing health issues and those traveling this week. 
Patricia R.
on 11/20/11 5:50 am - Perry, MI
 Hey Jo,
It was so good to meet you on Friday.  I left my daughter's this morning, and am in my hotel room in the Pittsburgh area.  

PM me your snail mail address, as I would like to send you a Christmas card.

Hugs and love,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 11/19/11 10:52 pm - Cibolo, TX
Good morning, Monica and Cindi and my OFF sistas!

I'm sitting here watching Benny play pretend talk on the phone.  He's using a small remote for a telephone and just babbling away!  I wonder what he's saying?

Didn't have a spare minute to post anything yesterday.  Very busy day getting Chris and Benny settled in here at this house.  Had to go to the store for essentials.  Then I had to re-baby-proof the house!  I thought I had it covered until Benny arrived and I realized just how many OTHER things he can get into now!  Oh, but it's fun having them here!  I'm so glad they came home with me.

No word from hubby at all since last Thursday.  Sigh.  So still no idea when I'll get the call that he's on his way home.  All I can do is sit and wait.

Chris and I are going shopping today.  A little retail therapy is just what the doctor ordered, I think!

Well, better go fix my boy some breakfast!  His mommy is sleeping late, God love her.  She rarely gets a break from baby duties, so I'm glad I can pamper her a bit this week.  Oh, how I remember craving sleep!  New mommyhood is hard on the body. 

Hope you all have a blessed Sunday!  Love you all!

Vickie 

lightswitch
on 11/19/11 11:42 pm

We always have Thanksgiving at my house in Fayetteville.  My daughter and her family usually come, along with her husband's father.  We usually invite a few friends as well.  I cook like crazy.  This is the one time out of the year that I have to show case my culinary and baking skills.  I will make a ham and turkey.  I also make all the sides: dressing, potatoes both sweet and irish, green beans, corn, brocolli, mac and cheese for the granddaughter, peas and carrots for me; I usually make homemade rolls; I bake several pies, candy, and cookies, and of course fruit salad. I cook so much that all my cabinet space and our table is filled with food and we eat buffet style and bring our plates into the living room.  After we eat, I send all of the left overs home with my daughter and our friends.  I keep one or two pieces of pie for hubby and a little of the regular food.  In fact, I buy a set of those rubbermaid containers just to load the food in to take home.  My daughter brings a huge ice chest and we load it up for her trip down the mountain.  

I have already begun making the pie crusts, so all I will need to do is add the homemade fillings: pecan, chocolate, lemon, etc..   

Today, though, I am picking up the house.  Surprisingly, it is still clean from last weekends cleaning spree.  I am going to iron my clothes and hubby's shirts, but other than that, I am spending the day resting.   

Monica B.
on 11/20/11 12:03 am - Emery, SD
I admit that I miss the entire getting ready and day of Thanksgiving. We held the celebration at our home for over 20 years, spent with our children and a close family, the LaGrants. We had all the usual fixings, but my stuffed mushrooms and articohs were always insisted upon. We would play all kinds of card and board games into the wee hours, The LaGrants would stay over and we continued the party into the weekend.
Your preparation of favorites mirrors the love you have.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 399 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1204 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1208 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1146 views