OT Large Belly

-Katie
on 2/17/12 1:11 am - CA
Hi Everyone,

I have a large belly. I am 500 lbs and 5"9' and losing. I need to buy a car to attend my pre op apointments by myself. I was wondering what cars are for large belly people and what car do or did you drive.

Thanks a bunch!

nunini
on 2/17/12 1:40 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi!

Glad to hear you are losing.  As far as the car is concerned, maybe you could ask a friend who knows cars, or just go to a car dealership and start trying them on.

Good luck with everything.

Connie D.
on 2/17/12 1:49 am
Hello Katie and welcome........

As for the car I guess I would call the dealers or stop in and sit in a few cars. I don't know much about that.....sorry!!

Congratulations on your weight loss!!!!

The dog on your picture sure is sweet!!!

HUGS....connie d
MillieJ
on 2/17/12 2:19 am
 I remember soooo well.   short legs and a big belly.....   I looked for a car with an adjustable steering column.  It helped tremendously.  I'm sure that is standard in most cars now but at the time... nope.

A funny story....  my Ex had a sports car.  I had to drive it one time and getting into it was an ordeal.  It took literally 10 minutes.  I had to put the seat back to get the seat belt on the move it forward so I could touch the pedals.  Of course it was a standard engine and the clutch was all the way to the floor.  I was slouched down in the seat with the seat belt choking me and barely able to touch the gas and manuever the clutch.....   I won't settle for anything less than a 4 door, big seats and large trunk ( that is another story ).

Good Luck with your Car.

Millie
lightswitch
on 2/17/12 10:12 pm

Katie,

I so remember the larger than life belly.  When I weighed over 500 pounds, I drove a car that had a steering wheel that was adjustable and could be positioned like a large trucks steering wheel, so that it was far away from me and I used one hand to steer it.  It still rubbed my belly.  I would go with what everyone says, go to a dealership and try one out.  Ask the salesman which has the most adjustable seat and steering wheel.  Take someone with you for support…salesmen can be a little uncomfortable around people who are out of their own reference or comfort zone and if you have someone with you and they look at you a little too long or treat you rudely, your support can give them shame on you looks.  My son would go with me every where and he even confronted people who said things about me.  Now, I have a friend who is as big as I was and I go with her every where and have been her support.  I will post about her later.  Good luck. 

-Katie
on 2/18/12 4:31 am - CA
 Thank you for the reply. Will do
carlak
on 2/19/12 12:16 am - Bradenton, FL
 Try the Nissan Versa, My daughter is a bigger girl and she like my Versa. sheputs the steering wheel up and the seat back. It has the larger seats in it. I have the hatch back one. not  the sedan one. When I was 295 I drove a mazda 626 and I was comfortable in that. Carla
image hosting site

carlak
on 2/19/12 12:17 am - Bradenton, FL
 Now I drive a Honda Fit and It to has the same features as the Versa. The seeting wheel moves up and down and the seat is smaller but has a wide renge of positions.  I still have the versa.
image hosting site

jdruski
on 2/18/12 10:49 am - Philadelphia, PA
Katie

I was in your position when I bought my car.  I wound up getting a Mercury Marquis.  It is a big car and the seat and wheel are adjustable. 

Good luck on your search.

Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 393 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1197 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1206 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1139 views