Good morning Friday

pineview01
on 3/20/14 8:57 pm - Davison, MI

Well I am still awake and it is now 7 am!  So good morning all.  I had a good B-day yesterday but, had to many sweets.  So back to basics today.  Heading of to bed now.  Hope all have a great day.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

poegirl100
on 3/21/14 2:48 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Piney!  (Or is it good night?)  LOL!  And Happy Birthday to you! 

I'm headed out to do yard work in a minute.  It's warming up nicely here today and the sun is shining.  I have about a million leaves that need to be blown up into a big heap and carted over to the burn pile this morning.  Live oak trees are funny that way.  They don't shed their leaves in the fall; they shed them in the spring! 

Okay, sistas, I are confused!   I am constantly being told how rare VW is, and yet, here on our tiny forum, there are 3 of us (Lightswitch, Piney, and me) who either have it or have a close family member who has it.  Methinks perhaps it is not as rare as they are trying to make me think it is!

Anyway, Piney, I appreciate all the information you gave me in yesterday's post.  I had an infusion of Desmopressin yesterday.  Now I'm waiting to hear the results of the blood work.  Hopefully it raised my VW factor back up into the normal range. 

I don't know why VW has just now shown up for me.  I do not fit the profile of Acquired VWD.  It is possible for it to just develop after certain medical conditions, but I don't have any of them.  And if I've had it all my life, it certainly has never been a problem before.  About the only symptom I've had has been heavy periods, and those only occured in the last 5 years or so.  I've had several surgeries throughout my life and up until the hysterectomy last December, never had a bleeding problem.  So who knows? 

I am supposed to have a panneculectomy, but the PS won't do it until she knows the results of this latest test with the desmopressin.  I really wish they would all get the show on the road though.  We're supposed to go to Belize in May and I don't want all of this to screw up my vacation!

Boy, Benny was being such a pill this morning.  He cried over absolutely everything!  Big loud long wails.  Got on my last nerve, I tell you.  Butch, too.  He said, "I'm too old to raise children again", and I agree!  Seems like the closer we come to getting the kids moved out of here, the harder it is for us to tolerate them!  I know I said I wasn't going to do any of Christie's packing for her this time, but I may change my mind!  LOL!  I need them to be gone!

(Budder, on the other hand, was an absolute doll this morning and kept giving me big slobbery kisses!  Love that baby!)

So HaPpY for our sweet sista Jennifer who has FINISHED HER CANCER TREATMENTS!!!

Missing our sweet Connie, but know she is having a good time with her grands in Oregon.

Oh, geez, there were more I was going to post about, and now I can't remember any details.  I know someone's MIL is in hospice, but I can't remember who.  I'm sorry, please forgive me.

Carla on Wheels, please be careful driving today.  I can't believe you did 800 miles in a single day.  Gag.  I can barely stand to drive 300 miles at a time. 

Judy, please don't pull your hair out!   LOL!  This is how I picture you at your job!

Like I said, there are many more of you, but just please know I love you all!

Vickie 

pineview01
on 3/22/14 6:52 am, edited 3/22/14 7:03 am - Davison, MI

Hi Vickie!  I have to have DDAVP before every procedure.  When I had the bled two days after the face lift, they did it again before surgery to stop the bleed and repair the damage.  Than they did it again two days later and before releasing me on day 4.

I went back to hemo two days later and had all the test re-ran and and was showing normal  So my PS said he would do the inner thigh lift if I stayed in the hospital overnight and get the DDAVP before and after.

When I was first diagnosed they did a cryopersiptate(sp) infusion.  This was a blood product and about the time AIDS was becoming heard of.  They told me it would be 5-10 before I could be sure.  Things sure do change.

I did some research once you used the term acquired and yes, yours is that uncommon/rare and different from what I have. Or at least at this time it is but they are sure some are being misdiagnoised as vWD You have acquired von Willebrand syndrome (AvWS) and we have von Willebrand disease (vWD). When we were diagnoised in the mid 80's it had only been discovered about 60 years, yours only 20.  I was told the vonWillebrands was rare and most medical people hadn't heard of it.  They would even say I couldn't be a hemo as only males were.  Now they are saying it is the most common and there are 3 types and the type three is really bad and rare.

I sure hope they figure out you can have your PS with the DDAVP. 

Just a fyi, DDAVP is also used for bed wetting, funny story.  I ended up with urination problems after the sleeve and face lift and they finally figure it is a side issue with the DDAVP.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Twinkles2147
on 3/21/14 8:11 am

Hello my OFF friends, 

I am having a good Friday. Up early and out shopping.  Had Chinese tofu for lunch.  Ran a few more errands then went to a local park and just sat and enjoyed the sunshine and wonderful breeze.  

Got a real surprise in the mail. An unexpected refund check. It will help in paying an insurance premium that was supposed to be taken out of my checking account automatically.  Only, they only billed me part of the premium. Now they want the difference in full. What a load. But, now i have it.  Good thing too because my van needs a new battery. 

Well, i hope you are enjoying your day. Tomorrow i am off to the gym. I saw my shadow today and was thrilled i have more of and hourglass figure than the Michelin Man i had before. 

Blessings to you all.

Patricia R.
on 3/21/14 12:41 pm - Perry, MI

Quick post, before I go to bed.  Babysat Frankie all morning, and both the boys all afternoon.  Went to an adoption party tonight.  Have the zoo tomorrow.

Please continue to pray for Baby Natalia.  She's got more complications, so docs are doing more aggressive treatments.  Mom and Dad did get to hold her today.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

mermaidoz
on 3/21/14 12:50 pm - Canada

Trish, best wishes for all you touch.

jennifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 388 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1189 views
Judy