Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!!

Ready2goNOW
on 7/4/15 7:46 am

Good Morning Ladies!

I am having a lazy morning...did not get up until after 9!

Trying to figure out what to do for dinner...really don't want to buy carnival food at the parade! Plan on straightening up & finish painting the deck & then an hour in the pool. Then head over to parade at 6pm.

Not a lot going on...& I am okay w/that!

Haven't heard from quite a few ppl lately. Funny how much you can begin looking forward to their posts! I miss the threads w/everyone 'talking,' but certainly understand everyone is busy.

I am going to sign off & get my butt in gear. Will troll later!

Everyone have a good day. And Vickie, thinking of you lady!

Kathy

Patricia R.
on 7/4/15 8:15 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Kathy and OFF,

Happy Independence Day.

Mom is doing better.  She was a red hot mess when I got here.  But, now she is taking her meds right, and much better.

I am exhausted from everything.  Slept late this morning.

Praying for Vickie.

Love,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 7/4/15 11:01 am

Hello Trish.....Happy 4th of July!!!

I am glad your mom  is doing better now that you are there. Is there anyway she can get someone to come to her apartment to be sure she is taking her meds correctly and maybe do a few other things for her? That isn't good for her to not take her meds. She can and did have several breakdowns lately. Her body can only take so many ups and downs. If she can't get the meds right she may need to be in a place that they can watch her and be sure all goes well. Keeping you both in my prayers.

I hope you all have a good day together today!

Lots of love and hugs to you....connie d

cindibarre
on 7/4/15 8:30 am - Danforth, ME

Good Morning Kathy and OFF-

Kathy everyone needs a lazy day once in a while.  I'm overloaded on lazy days and need to get my butt in gear.

Trish glad to learn that Mom is doing better now that she's back on meds.  My mother is 85 and takes less pills than I do.  She's gone blind this past two years so I do all her financial stuff and take care of business matters.  She's living in a Senior Independent Living facility in North Carolina.  She is doing well there so I don't have many worries.  She's recently been diagnosed with osteoporosis so we're both learning about this condition.

Today I really need to start weeding and packing.  I drove 50 miles yesterday to pick up moving boxes at uHaul.  Now the fun begins weeding out, simplifying and then packing the stuff to go to Texas.  Just a lot of mixed emotions.

It's busy today on the lake.  Fishermen out fishing now.  Later in the day the jet skis or floating chain saws as I call them will be out.  We're actually having some warm weather.  Tonight I will have a fire in the fire pit and watch the fireworks that everyone will set off around the lake.

Thoughts going out to Vickie and Butch.  Connie I hope you are going to have a nice 4th at your apartment building.  Judy hope your residents dont get too rowdy.

Happy Fourth of July Everyone!

Cindi

Connie D.
on 7/4/15 10:52 am

Hello Cindi....Happy 4th of July!!

I always hate packing and sorting...but...once I get started it isn't so bad. I am still sifting through things in my apartment. I am really cutting back!!! 

Could I ask you a favor...could you box me up and take me to Texas with you?? I so would love to be there for Vickie. Just kidding really..I would never just pop in on anyone without their okay. The thought feels nice! 

It is very, very quiet here today...so many residents are with families at parades and picnics and later fireworks. I miss those kinds of things. They are having a picnic meal today. That will be nice. Right now I have little if any kind of appetite. I will go pick it up and eat it later.

I imagine the lake is full of all kinds of water crafts. I hope they all are cautious and respectful of others. 

50 miles is a long way to go and get uHaul boxes. But then when you need them what else can you do. I have a few uhaul boxes in my small storage here. They are so nice and heavy. I imaging some day they will get used. 

I am glad your mom likes her apartment so well. It sounds like she is doing well. I have osteoporosis too among many other things. I wish her the best. Sending prayers for her and you too.

Enjoy the day...love and many hugs to you...connie d

lightswitch
on 7/4/15 9:05 am

Kathy and all you to follow,

Happy Independence Day.

I am sitting here drinking coffee and thinking about doing a load of laundry. We have plans for later this afternoon but until then, I am trying to decide if I want to be product or just sit on my rear-end.  

My shingles are responding to the medication and I have to say that this is going to go down as one of the fastest recovery times.  I try to stay away from people especially children and pregnant women when I have shingles because of the chance that someone might get chicken pox but today, I am officially not contagious or that's what the doctor said...I thought I had to be four days after fever and dried up blisters but the doctor said two days so I'm good.  

I, too, am thinking of Vic and the girls...he has a really strong heart to have lasted this long. Vic, we are all thinking about you and sending you best wishes and our warmest sympathy for you and the girls.

Connie D.
on 7/4/15 10:13 am

Hello Jeannie....Happy 4th of July!! God Bless our troops present and past!

I am so glad the med helped with the shingles so quickly. It sounds like you have waited plenty long enough and should be okay around everyone today. Have a great time!!

Hope you decided to sit on your rear!! I have a really hard time with that....I have to make myself! I am constantly thinking of things I want to do! In most cases thinking is all I can do.

Yes...Vickie, Butch and the family are foremost on my mind every day. I just keep sending prayers and love.

Lots of love my dear...HUGS...connie d

Judy G.
on 7/4/15 9:16 am - Galion, OH

Afternoon OFF family...

Well I just got off the phone with my mother...found out my sister had another surgery couple days ago!!! WTH????? NOBODY let me know!!!!! Anyhow mom said the priest came in before her surgery gave her communion and last rites. I lost it...I am so upset right now!!!!! Mom said when Bonnie told her she also cried a lot...so far Bonnie is doing ok...today she finds out IF her dialysis will work. PRAYERS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! Thankyou so much!!!! I just don't know what I would do without all of you!!!! HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

So some of you are missing my posts huh? SMH here....got so many stories I could tell its unreal!!!!!!!! I am sure your heads would spin in disbelief!!!! Right now is not the time though.

Tomorrow we are going to be in the parade!!! Oh yeah...Rick is out cleaning the truck making it SHINE GOOD!!!! Like it didn't already....VFW gave us brand new magnetic signs to put on it also. Bandit wants to ride in parade now too...LOL Need to find a pretty Red White & Blue something for his collar...yeah right...like he will let me put that on him!!! LOL But he did get his haircut and bath!!!!

Found out where Michael is moving to...OMG it is one of the worst places/areas around here!!! But that is where he wants to go with sugarplum...so be it!!!! Hope he is happy!! Not my problem any more!!!

Bought a new vacuum sweeper today. Other one we had puked. Rick is putting it together for me now. He handed me the directions and warranty card. I read them and said oh this is a man sweeper....he said oh really? Let me see that...LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO He said its a his & hers. I said oh I must have read that wrong. LOL

We went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night for a drink. Ended up having a sampler plate to eat. OMG the food was good...bit into a fresh japeleno thought it was a green pepper...OMG HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure if THAT was what did it or something else I ate but almost didn't make it to the toilet with the runs!!!!!!!! Talk about marinating the pot!!!!! Sorry TMI!!!!!!!!! But WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure I will go there again or not!!!! LOL

Making some chicken salad with grapes today for our BBQ not sure if any neighbors will bother us or not...if they do there is enough...they need their OWN meat...lol. ME...I am drinking today!!!!!!!!!!!! Smirnoff Pink Grapefruit!!!!!! OMG is that ever good!!!!!!!!!!

OK sweeper is ready for ME to use...sighs......

Happy 4th everyone!!!!

Thoughts and Prayers for ALL that need them!!! Special ones for Vicki and Butch!!!

HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

lightswitch
on 7/4/15 9:37 am

Judy,

Bell peppers are one of the few raw vegetables that I can eat but, like you, I cannot tolerate hot peppers.  The other night, DH and I went to a really nice little Mexican restaurant ran by friends of ours and they know I am not a spicy loving person so they made my fish tacos separate from all the other stuff and even made my mango pico without peppers but then my DH said, honey, take a bite of this steak and silly me, I picked up a piece of the steak and dipped it in his avocado dip and before he could warn me, I put it in my mouth and my tongue was on fire....the waiter brought me some swee****er and it did help but the avocados had fresh hot peppers and they gagged me....really took my breath.  

I don't see how you put up with the crazies...I'd last a minute. LOL

I am running the vacuum here after my coffee break...I spilled the pencil sharpener holder thingy and there are little pieces of wood that I couldn't pick up in the carpet....so I am cleaning it good today.  

Hope your parade goes well...my brother-in-law restores old cars and he has two that they use in the parades around AR and Ok every year for different reasons and he takes my grandsons with him and they ride in the parade and the older boy now drives one of the cars.   My sister only has granddaughters and they are not interested in driving in parades. LOL  but my boys love the hell out of it.  He's the brother in law that also takes them to deer camp and to fishing tournaments....Last year, the youngest of mine, the one I had custody of, won a 2000 dollar grand price for the largest bass...He said it was his fishing technique that won him that money. LOL.   

Well, hope you day is restful. 

Connie D.
on 7/4/15 10:03 am
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1187 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1196 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!